#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82937 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

Just to keep the people who aren't going on the trip up to speed, the issue currently being discussed via e-mail is about what we will be doing on Tuesday evening 7/20. The dilemma is that we arrive in full travel mode from Portland into Seattle, and then we have one "official" fest trip on the Central LINK that evening. Do the participants simply carry their luggage with them on the light rail out and back, and then go on their separate ways, or do people check-in first and then we reconvene and take the trip? The problem lies with the fact that our hotel locations are quite diverse, so it would take a while if everyone went to their hotels first, checked in and dropped their luggage, and then tried to all make it onto the same light rail vehicle from different stops (some of which are underground with no cell phone reception). And those staying by the airport would need to travel only one way, and would have to wait for the rest to check-in and return. The question was put to the participants, and so far there really isn't a clear majority. We're almost 50-50 on this one, with some willing to swing to either scenario. With most of us first meeting in Portland, we have that time and the Cascades trip to decide what to do about this. So I will just leave the itinerary alone, and we will figure it out in person. There would be nothing wrong with doing it an hour later or so. Another idea would be to simply split into two smaller groups with one doing LINK first, and the others doing it later -- after they dump their luggage. A later trip does potentially run into rush hour and baseball crowds. Tuesday 7/20 we don't have any set plans as to where we will eat; once we do figure out when we will ride LINK, the rest should take care of itself. Nothing wrong with having dinner at one's hotel or nearby. Other than that, I think we are pretty much set for Seattle. A few of us have made some late changes to hotel plans, but things are falling into place.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:46 AM

Aloha Because of this message I was going to look up which Hotel I was in, but I left the confirmations with Christine and Evan. Doesn't really matter, I know that Friday morning Evan and I board in Fullerton for our adventure. To Quote Evan "YEA"

#3 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

Eric, you and Evan are at a Courtyard downtown in Seattle.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users