• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Additional complication for Saturday post-4PM activity on the north side of Boston: The NHL released its post-lockout schedule and the Bruins home opener is at TD Garden (North Station) at 7PM that night against the NY Rangers. This could also crowd eateries close to the arena. -edit to add: Now I see this was covered in the meals thread-

Edited by jacorbett70, 14 January 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#22 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yes that's why we turned our attention away from the sports bars in that area. And since we have plenty of time between arrival in Boston and dinner, we're going to be paying a transit fare anyhow no matter what we end up doing -- in order to buy time.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#23 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Yours truly has been doing some more tinkering with the itinerary. Those planning on creating .pdf's or printing it out should be advised to wait until the last minute. As mentioned in Post #19, a Blue Line round trip was added to Saturday afternoon following our arrival on the Downeaster.

If anyone looked last night, I had us taking the Orange Line to State to catch the Blue Line. However our local friends advised me that the transfer at State is more difficult than the one at Government Center between the Green Line and Blue Line, and we have a better chance of getting seats on the Blue Line by boarding earlier. So it's now been changed to the Green Line from North Station to Government Center.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#24 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

More last week minor itinerary changes. The two dinner locations were added. And on Friday unless severe weather changes those plans, we now get off the T train from Rhode Island at Back Bay rather than South Station, so we can walk to dinner.

For Sunday morning I changed start locations for the first Red Line train to match hotel locations. So those staying in the Copley area would take the Orange Line and start at Downtown Crossing. Those in South Boston would get on at Andrew or JFK/U-Mass closest to their respective hotels. South Station was eliminated, but if anyone is coming in by train that morning they should know approximately when this specific Red Line train should pass. Yes this is a trademarked "rolling meet"™ !!

Dinner on Sunday is up to you since the Fest is over. Since the last segment is Lechmere on the Green Line, and Cambridgeside Galleria is open until 7 PM, we can stop there if anyone wishes to do so. I altered the itinerary to give us a little over an hour for the walk (approximately 3 blocks each way) and eating, but you're free to return back from Lechmere right away to go home or to respective hotels.

As luck would have it, this area ended up being one of only two in the country that is still hosting football games on Sunday. Luckily the venue is not downtown, but again sports bars and anywhere with television might be a little rowdy. This might be an issue if anyone need to make last minute hotel changes. I'm glad that most of us made plans months ago.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users