• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

And I'm stuck at the gate at ord. The plane is delayed due to a mechanical issue. I actually asked a pilot what the problem was. He said they are looking for "a strip" which they can get off another airplane. Somebody is gonna be left with a plane without a strip. I'll be very unhappy if its me.

#12 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Well they found the strip. Onboard the plane. Well be 90 minutes late but no biggy since I'm at the airport Marriott

#13 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I got into Back Bay a little early, but with Wifi spotty on the Acela I couldn't book a Lake Shore Limited trip. Did it via Julie in Back Bay (since that station also lacks the Wifi amenity) with the noise of announcements interrupting us, and then finally got it from the Quik Trak with minutes to spare. Nice ride on #449 BBY-WOR, and I'm now at Worcester Union Station awaiting my MBTA commuter train back to Boston. Interestingly, Worcester DOES have Wifi in the station, which makes this message possible; in fact the whole town is wired.

Why didn't you just book it and print it on the QuikTrack? That is what I did the last time I winged a Acela - LSL - Empire loop. I barely had time tog et the ticket and head down to catch the LSL since the Accela had kindly arrived late into BBY.

#14 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

had no issues getting to boston. all trains on time and 448 was a hour early into BOS. tomorrow the torture err i mean the fun starts lol.

#15 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Why didn't you just book it and print it on the QuikTrack? That is what I did the last time I winged a Acela - LSL - Empire loop. I barely had time tog et the ticket and head down to catch the LSL since the Accela had kindly arrived late into BBY.

The machine would not let me do it. The program has changed since they went to e-ticketing, and I was unable to find any way of creating a new trip on the fly without it being reserved first.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#16 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

had no issues getting to boston. all trains on time and 448 was a hour early into BOS. tomorrow the torture err i mean the fun starts lol.

And 233 into ALB was on time too.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#17 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

And we're at ewr. After a bumpy flight on an overheated plane, I'm ready for acela.

#18 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

tomorrow the torture err i mean the fun starts lol.

If you really think it's torture, I implore you go visit the front desk staff in your hotel, or a visitors bureau, so you can get suggestions of other events taking place in the city that can make the trip you made worthwhile by finding things to do that are less torturous than riding trains with friends.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#19 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

2154 was about 7 minutes late into ewr. The FC crew is good. Got hot chocolate before nyp. Departing nyp 1 minute late.

#20 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Very slow running on metro north. Now stopped near west of Fairfield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users