• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

I am traveling on 6 from emy to Chicago. The Train stopped about 1:30 pm. Heard on scanner that track had been knocked out of alignment. Conductor announced that we were going to back up. This was about 5 miles north of dotsero, before the 1st tunnel after dotsero. The plan is to wait for a track gang to look at it. The track gang will give clearance. The is Boulder estimated at 10 tons. I think 5 is on the other side of this Boulder.

#2 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

At about 6 pm received update. The tracks have been repaired. 5 has to proceed through the rockslide area at 10 mph and pull up to dotsero siding where it will get a relief crew. 6 will continue to Granby where a relief crew is waiting. I think we will en up being about 6 hours late.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82537 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

The place where you got stuck, they should call it Boulder, Colorado.  Oh wait,, that name is taken...........

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 CCC

CCC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

I got off that Amtrak 5 in Denver. We were delayed by picking up passengers along the way for the 3 Pullman adventure cars on the rear. Also, the Amtrak passengers were disturbed that they had to wait for the 3 Pullman cars to be spotted at Denver station before they could disembark. I think Amtrak will receive complaints about all the delays caused by the Pullman situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users