#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Just a reminder that we're still on for the weekend of January 18-19-20, 2008 for the Big Apple Railfest 2008 event. I realize I haven't given an update here in 6 weeks, due to the planning of the Boston fest that took place in November and my being immersed in the trip reports for both Boston and the summer trip to California.

Not much has changed since the Sunday itinerary was updated. I did take a short spin into Hoboken on my lunch hour, luckily on a Sunday, to find out that the food choices at Hoboken Terminal are limited. There is a pizza/pasta place open, as well as a coffee shop/deli that has sandwiches. Unfortunately, the Railhead Bar, which also has the delicious hot dogs, is closed on Sundays.

If you haven't already done so, please let me know (via e-mail) if you are coming so I can keep the guest list up to date. Even if you happen to live in or near NYC that does not pre-suppose you will come out and ride trains.

Our subway agenda on Friday and Saturday should fill in most of the "unridden" segments that we as a group have not yet visited in the past 7 years. If we ride everything as planned (and remember things can and usually do go wrong within 2 weeks of the fest date!) it could be the last BARF as we know it for a while, until they give us something new to ride like the Second Avenue QT subway or the 7 extension. But don't worry, we have many other Fests we can do instead, like the Garden State Railfest or the two Metro New York RailFests. We also have some short segments of PATH we have not officially ridden together, and we have unfinished business from 2002 in AirTrain Newark.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users