#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 December 2003 - 06:38 PM

We are going to ride three different rail lines around the New York/North Jersey area that opened or reopened in the past 5 weeks. The date will be this Sunday, 12/21/03.

We will ride NJ TRANSIT's HBLRT extension to 22nd Street in Bayonne, then the PATH to the World Trade Center station, and then take the A train to Howard Beach to catch the AirTrain JFK. We will ride the Howard Beach, intra-Airport, and Jamaica branches of the AirTrain JFK, ending up in Jamaica. That will put us in Jamaica at lunchtime, which we can observe at our leisure. Those going back to NJ and other points by rail can take either the E train or the LIRR to New York Penn Station.

Michael and I will be arriving at Newark Penn Station about 9:32 AM on NJT. Meet us there around then, and we will depart on PATH for Exchange Place at 9:45 AM. If coming from New York you can take the PATH from the WTC station to Exchange Place and meet us there around 10:05 AM.

Please join us on the rails for some new (or rebuilt) trackage!! :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 20 December 2003 - 03:27 PM

We're still on for Sunday morning!

The weather is supposed to be in the upper 30's and cloudy, but no precipitation is predicted. Dress warmly (says the guy who was underprepared for Boston in November).

For those who are starting in Newark, NJ, meet on Platform B, which is the island platform that is shared between Track 1 and the PATH track. We will meet by the main turnstiles to the PATH, between 9:32 AM (when Michael and I arrive from Metropark) and 9:45 AM, when we will be departing on PATH.

We will ride that line directly to Exchange Place, so others could meet us there, at the bottom of the escalator bank. Finally, at least one person plans to join us later, so we can meet upon arrival at the World Trade Center PATH station after our arrival from Exchange Place.

Those who plan to participate, please e-mail me your cell phone numbers (if you have not already done so), so we can get in contact if somebody misses a train or is going to join us later. I'll send mine to all confirmed participants when I am home tonight.

We should be all done with AirTrain by about 12:30 PM, at which time we can have lunch in Jamaica before going to Penn Station and making our separate ways home.

Anyone who wishes to join us, it is not too late to let me know you're coming along.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users