PCRF/Seattle dinner

37 replies to this topic

#11 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

I remember that hill from before. It was a mother.

#12 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5366 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

I remember that hill from before. It was a mother.

San Francisco get all the pub for it's hills, but Seattle takes a backseat to no one.  If you take the Underground Seattle tour, you understand part of the reason why.  If anyone has some time to kill in Seattle between Fest activities, I highly recommend that tour.

#13 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:52 AM

The Pike Place Market area is within easy walking from Westlake.  Here is another idea.  Ranked 32 of 3,012 restaurants in the city.

http://steelheaddine...6/05/dinner.pdf

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#14 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

Kevin has now posted the itinerary. Iirc the two restaurants getting the most play are dukes and ivars. The issue with the area around china town and king street station is the soccer match later that evening. Eating at 4:30 at ivars may beat the rush, especially if they take reservations. Similarly, we will have plenty of time to ride back up to dukes which involves more transit riding and a ride on the streetcar line to lake Union.

This is a summary of the discussion so far.

Of course if 7 is more than 2 hours late we have to make changes.

#15 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

Kevin cannot finalize the Seattle transit costs and itinerary until we make a restaurant decision.  I do not know how to make a poll, or even if I have the authority to do so, so maybe each person who is interested in the choice can reply and state their preference.  I think we have narrowed it down to Dukes and Ivars.  

If there is no decision by June 6 I will work on achieving an "executive decision" working with Kevin and others.  The goal is to get a firm itinerary posted with accurate transit costs so people can plan their expenses.  

#16 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

I am torn between Dukes and Ivars.  I like Dukes menu better, and the fact that it is not in the middle of the tourist area (and near the soccer stadium on game day).  On the other hand, I like the fact that Ivars is walkable.  If I had to vote my preference, I would vote for Dukes.  I have eaten there in the past and I recall an excellent meal.  I have not been to Ivars.

#17 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Dukes is walkable to. There is a street car line that goes within one block of it iirc.

#18 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Dukes is walkable to. There is a street car line that goes within one block of it iirc.

I should have been more specific to mean walkable from my hotel.

#19 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82519 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

Dukes is walkable too. There is a street car line that goes within one block of it iirc.

Yes, the South Lake Union Streetcar ends adjacent to that place, at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fairview & Campus Dr.).

I lean towards Duke's, not only because we get another streetcar ride, but also because as was said before it's farther from potential crowds.  I don't like crowds.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#20 shanghai

shanghai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

I recall Dukes from the last time I was in Seattle.  I'd be happy with Dukes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users