#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82692 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:30 PM

Finally, this thread is for your travels home from the Fest, no matter which day you left us and no matter what mode of travel you took.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 LouP

LouP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 10:26 AM

As Kevin has already said, Ellis and I took different Acelas back home from Boston. There was a work train parked on the southbound track somewhere south of Greene Airport so all trains had to use the northbound track. Both our trains had to wait for northbound trains to pass before we could proceed. There was quite a bit of texting among the group. I had a case of motion sickness going home but fortunately it wasn't covid.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82692 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 09:03 PM

I stayed in Boston Sunday night, spending Monday morning (since there was no optional Foxboro trip) sleeping later and having  lunch a block from my hotel at Quincy Market (aka Faneuil Hall).   Then after retrieving my stored luggage at the hotel, a 26 minute walk in now sunny Boston to South Station.   I left Boston on the Lake Shore Limited (449) to Springfield.  About 7 minutes late due to slow running at several points, but enough time to make my connection to 475, an Amtrak Hartford Line train from there to Hartford.

From Hartford's station I walked right across downtown Hartford, stopping briefly at Burger King for dinner, and continued walking east over the bridge spanning the Connecticut River to East Hartford and my hotel where I sit now.

Tomorrow finally, the trip home.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82692 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:43 PM

On Tuesday morning, since I had a 7:39 AM train to catch, and since the temperature was down in the 30's at that hour, I opted to treat myself to an Uber ride rather than retracing my steps from the day before.  The car came soon after it was ordered, and I got to Hartford Union Station with plenty of time to spare.

My Valley Flyer, Train 495, was running a few minutes late, but I was not concerned as the connection in New Haven between that and Train 95 is guaranteed.  In New Haven, connecting passengers did need to go downstairs and upstairs again to a different platform to get to 95, which itself was operating a little late at that point in its trip.

I had another Regional trip without seatmate for the entire journey from New Haven to Metropark.   The train caught up on its slight delay with reduced dwell in New York City.  My arrival into Metropark was on time.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users