#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

A mere 6-1/2 months later, the report for OTOL Eagle RailFest 2005 is now online. Please see the entire report here and ride with us vicariously as our group hits New York City, Washington, Chicago, St. Louis, and Dallas, and then returns home through Chicago and back to New York.

For those of you who participated in the fest, I am sure that this will bring back some memories! Re-live our travels on various commuter rail, heavy rail, and light rail in the cities we visited, as well as our Amtrak adventures in between.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

In researching restaurants for the MTRF 2017 event in Dallas, I found that on our last visit, Eagle RailFest 2005, we ate in Dallas one night at a place called Hoffbrau Steakhouse.   This restaruant survived until just last year (sometime in 2016) when the place went out of business after 23 years.  So it becomes yet another victim of the OTOL Curse, although it took 11 years.  I see it was replaced by another restaurant and is surrounded in the West End Historic District attraction by many other eateries.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users