Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 27 February 2024 - 11:40 AM

Amtrak press release,  2/27/24:

FIXED FORWARD AND BACKWARD SEATING     

As of March 2, 2024, all Northeast Corridor (NEC) trains are transitioning to permanent fixed forward and backward seating – including all Northeast Regional service and select routes on the East Coast (the Carolinian, Empire Service, Vermonter and Amtrak Virginia). This arrangement enhances services for customers on the NEC with more frequencies by reducing the time required in between trips.

Read

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 11:46 AM

Already, a reservation I had on a Northeast Regional for mid-March was re-booked, and I had to once more pick my seat, albeit now backwards.

One thing lost from my usually sitting in Business Class Row 14 is the space between Rows 14 & 15 where I could stash my luggage without lifting to put it up top (as well as the least likely to get a seatmate). Now, that space with back-to-back seats is between Rows 7 & 8.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 04:22 PM

This would only apply to the cars with full seating.   I can't imagine that those trains that use the half cafe/half Business Class with the brown seats would also have half their seats facing backwards.   If the train runs in the opposite direction, then ALL of the seats would be facing backwards, which happens on a train such as the Ethan Allen, which changes direction at Rutland or the Berkshire Flyer which changes direction at Albany-Rensselaer.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users