#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

Use this thread to discuss travels to Washington, DC or other locations on our Fest itinerary where you may plan to join us.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

My trip began at 8 PM Thursday night, as I left home for a 35 minute drive up to Edison, site of the hotel I am currently staying in.   Early Friday morning I will be catching the 7:28 AM Acela (which I called tonight to upgrade to 1st Class) and make my way to Washington.  Plan for Friday is lunch at Union Station, then taking 2 Northeast Regionals, one up to Baltimore and the other Baltimore to Alexandria.  Then Metro to Crystal City to check-in at my first hotel.  Now free of  most or all baggage, I will make my way back to Union Station to have dinner, with or without anyone from the group.  Find me if you want company AND we are agreeable about what food they have to offer.  Intent is to start making my way back to Crystal City around 6:30 PM.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

My trip began on Wednesday from Orlando, with a side trip to NYC, arriving on Thursday.  Friday, I plan to take the noon Acela from NYP to DC.  After arriving, I plan to check into my hotel and may or may not make my way back to Union Station for dinner.  

#4 Jack615

Jack615

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

I left my house about 545 and was at South Station Boston by 630. Gave my luggage to red cap and got breakfast at McDonald's. Then waited til 745 where i met my luggage again and Red Cap and I boarded my Business Class seat. Left Boston at 818 and New York on time at 1235. Just finished an Angus Burger and now arriving in Philly. 171 is due in DC at 415 then prob Uber to hotel for break and thwn Dinner at 8 Old Ebbitt's Grill. See you all tomorrow

Jack Suslak

Bluffton SC

Boston Celtics
NBA Champs 2008

Boston Bruins 

NHL Champs 2011

Boston Red Sox
World Series Champs 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018

New England Patriots

Super Bowl Champs 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

Long day, but I'll be ready for more in the morning!  I had a nice run down to Washington on Acela 2107, and my Baltimore side trip went without any hitches.  Nobody to my knowledge met at Union Station for dinner.   Mike Hammond arrived by Greyhound and I met his bus as it arrived in Union Station.  After he checked in at his hotel, we went for pizza and then took a moonlight ride on the Silver Line to Wiehle-Reston East.  Then I returned to Crystal City and Mike went 1 more stop on the Blue Line to Reagan National Airport to meet Steve's flight from Chicago.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

I had a good a flight on American 2323. I used miles for one way first class ticket. Had lasagna and a pretzel roll for dinner. A warm chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Food was very good. The flight was about 50 minutes with a long taxi at ohare and a round about approach onto Reagan from the south. The seat back tv had a flight map so this was a decent flight.

Mike met me and we took a yellow line train to gallery place to transfer to the red line. After a 15 minute wait the shady grove train arrived on the other side and we missed it. There were no announcements. I complained and they let us out without charge. We took a short uber ride to Marriott metro center.

#7 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

On time on 89 from PHL now past BWI. Richmond coach passengers crammed into one car with every seat taken. About 12 seats in adjacent car with signs "Reserved for Group"

#8 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

Awoke to a pleaseant surprise - we dodged "the bullet!"  No snow or ice.  Used the extra time I'd given myself to drive to Vienna and took the second Orange Line Metrorail train at 7:15.  After transferring to the Red Line I arrived at Union Station "on the advertised" at 7:56.  After a cup of coffee and bagel I joined Kevin in the Acela Lounge at 8:45.

-Ross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users