#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

I'm working on the trip report for this very memorable and fun-filled 2-week journey. As some of you know, I don't necessarily do things in order. For example I may do all of the long distance train trips before focusing on what happened within California. I have been working on this on and off since getting home. However my activity was derailed by another trip I had to take to Florida a couple of weeks ago. As of August 29, I have finished events through our arrival in Atlanta on the Crescent. Next goal is to get us to and through New Orleans!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

As of Thursday night, September 3rd, except for some minor details, the Crescent is complete as is the evening and following morning in New Orleans. Next I start to tackle the Sunset Limited trip.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

As of Thursday night, September 3rd, except for some minor details, the Crescent is complete as is the evening and following morning in New Orleans. Next I start to tackle the Sunset Limited trip.

Mahalo Kevin

Just thought I take a moment to encourage you, you do such a good job on these reports, that adds to the enjoyment of the fests.

Mahalo and Aloha
Eric

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Mahalo Kevin

Just thought I take a moment to encourage you, you do such a good job on these reports, that adds to the enjoyment of the fests.

Mahalo and Aloha
Eric

Thanks Eric for the encouragement. Yes the report is the last activity associated with each Fest, and although I vow I will get them done soon after each event, it's unrealistic to promise that will happen. By setting goals each week and publicizing them, perhaps we can all read the report by the middle of the Fall.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

During this past week I managed to do the report on the Sunset Limited from New Orleans all the way through most of the second day of that trip, leaving off around Deming, NM. In addition, I also did the entire Lake Shore Limited trip and our downtime in Chicago just before it. Next week's goals are to finish the Sunset Limited to California, and begin working on the Southwest Chief trip. The long distance train trips are a little harder to report on than the small transit and commuter trips, so we'll get to what happened within California last.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:29 AM

, so we'll get to what happened within California last.

Aloha

This may be a good thing, I teased the Little one's mom about sharing a picture from Evan's camera, If she got anything, and even we may get a copy of her trip report she wrote for school. OTOL Fest from a seven yr old eyes, and mind :rolleyes: :o :D

Eric

Edited by GG-1, 12 September 2009 - 02:29 AM.

#7 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Eric cool idea. That would be interesting to see.

#8 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

OK last week I didn't get a chance to work on the report, but this week I did make a lot of progress. As of September 25th, I've completed the Sunset Limited trip into California, and finished out that Friday (7/17) including the Moorpark round trip and dinner in Hollywood. I've also begun on the Southwest Chief trip, taking us from Los Angeles as far as Albuquerque. Next week's goal is to get us into Chicago, thereby completing all 4 long distance trips. Then we'll concentrate on the meat of the Fest, actual events in SoCal.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#9 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:17 AM

As of October 2nd wee hours, I have continued our eastbound Southwest Chief trip from Albuquerque, all the way to our fuel stop at Argentine Yard in suburban Kansas City, KS. Good place to stop for the night (and maybe the week) beacause I have a lot to write about the KC stopover and the rest of the trip, including how 25% of our travelling group of 8 never made it all the way to Chicago Union Station. I'll leave that suspense for you to read in the report. Once I get us to Chicago, and the report merges with the part already done involving pizza dinner and CTA rides followed by the Lake Shore Limited, then I will turn my attention to California, namely the Saturday San Bernardino and Lancaster trips.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#10 gaspeamtrak

gaspeamtrak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:I'm Amtrak's biggest fan and supporter.<br />I love riding Amtrak, Via Rail, British, European and any other passenger trains

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

As of October 2nd wee hours, I have continued our eastbound Southwest Chief trip from Albuquerque, all the way to our fuel stop at Argentine Yard in suburban Kansas City, KS. Good place to stop for the night (and maybe the week) beacause I have a lot to write about the KC stopover and the rest of the trip, including how 25% of our travelling group of 8 never made it all the way to Chicago Union Station. I'll leave that suspense for you to read in the report.

Once I get us to Chicago, and the report merges with the part already done involving pizza dinner and CTA rides followed by the Lake Shore Limited, then I will turn my attention to California, namely the Saturday San Bernardino and Lancaster trips.

Waiting patiently Kevin :D ;)
Looking forward to reading it! Wishing i had the time and money to go with the Gang! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users