#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82698 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:24 PM

This thread is for reporting our travels to Boston or to join the group anywhere along our itinerary, which includes the trip to Maine.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82698 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:37 PM

My travel began on Thursday, as I drove to Metropark Station and took Amtrak Northeast Regional 86 to Providence.  The idea was to ensure I'll be in Boston earlier on Friday, and to stay outside of Boston avoiding the super high hotel rates for at least one night.

It was a very good trip.  While the train was about 13 minutes late leaving Metropark, it made up some of the time with a shorter dwell in New York City.  Heavy loads both on the pre-NYP and post-NYP segments of the trip, but I did successfully travel without the dreaded seatmate the whole way.     Arrival into Providence was on time.

As I write this, I'm at the Homewood Suites 2 blocks from the Providence station, and anticipate a quick trip into Boston in the morning.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:41 PM

Had a good run up to BOS on 2168. 

Was able to use an upgrade coupon to bump me into F. 

Service was very good and we were 10 minutes early. 

So glad to be back at an OTOL fest that involves more local transit! 

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82698 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:46 PM

I took Acela 2150 on Friday morning from Providence into Boston.      Ellis was on the same train but we didn't cross paths.   Train was only a few minutes late at PVD and into BOS.   Once in Boston I left to dump my luggage at my hotel, then to get lunch at Downtown Crossing.  I also did a healthy walk on the paths around Boston Commons before returning to South Station to hook up with the others involved in the Friday Foxboro trip.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 10:06 PM

I was doing other travels and eventually flew from LGA to BOS on JetBlue on Friday morning to join the group on the Foxboro turn. I stayed in the airport lounge until it was time to take the Silver Line to South Station. I've taken that bus many times, and it was more crowded than ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users