#11 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

For now, please send me an e-mail just whether you plan to attend, and what days or parts of days. Contact information such as cell phones and chosen hotels can come in a few months, much closer to the event when we reach that phase of the advance planning.

So far as of early morning Friday 3/15, I have had 7 e-mails, and I made all the corresponding updates to the participant list. Remember you should be making your travel and hotel reservations, but I don't need to know where you are staying until closer to the event. Amtrak plans would be helpful so that others can have the courtesy of knowing what reservations to make.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Participant list updated again today. Total count is 9, so the next person will send us soaring into double digits.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

The main itinerary was updated today to eliminate the Train 95/Newport News option, as it appears unanimous that we are going via Train 125 directly to Norfolk. But also see the Amtrak trips thread regarding options we still have in Florida and Virginia, which could be a matter of personal choice, or if we end up unanimous on any of those they could serve as future updates.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

A few minor itinerary changes were made today, so please nobody be alarmed if the document looks a little different. Here is what was updated:

Charlotte: One extra trip added on LYNX light rail to get from where most are believed to be staying (near 3rd Street/Convention Center) to 7th Street to begin the trip over the full line. End of activities also adjusted to 3rd Street/Convention Center. Maintained start time approximately 5 PM, allowing time for group to get from Amtrak to their respective hotels, check-in, and get to the light rail. Dinner location changed to end of LYNX line at I-485, Golden Corral. Thus the return time to Uptown Charlotte is approximately 2 hours later.

Norfolk: One TIDE light rail trip added between MacArthur Square and Harbor Park to bridge gap between lunchtime at MacArthur Center and departure on Thruway bus from Amtrak station.

By the way, here's MY itinerary start to finish, of which the Fest is a subset.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Participant list still stands at 10. A very manageable number when it comes to doing a report afterwards. I do think a few more will get onboard soon, as they are able to make plans.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#16 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Participant list at 11.

I've toyed with the itinerary again, to reflect where people will be travelling to and from on the Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia legs of the journey.

For Florida, I added arrivals in Winter Park (shaded in yellow) and Orlando (shaded in lavender) on Train 97(14), and then departures later that day on Train 92(15) from Orlando (shaded in lavender) and Winter Park (shaded in yellow). If you are still doing the Jacksonville turn, just continue to follow that which is on a white background. I hope this has not made things confusing; the intention was to clarify.

For North Carolina, we have one person continuing aboard Train 92(15) beyond Cary to Washington, DC (shaded in gray). We have one person joining us on Train 75(16) boarding in Raleigh (shaded in tan) -- before we get on in Cary.

In Virginia, one person will be aboard Train 125(17) from Washington, DC (shaded in gray) when the rest of us board in Richmond.

In all cases, if you are not one of the people doing the above, just let your eyes follow that which is still on a white background.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#17 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Five weeks from tonight we will be embarking on the first trains of this journey, the 37th Fest I've led since I began doing it in 2001. We'll have a good time, while our group will be a little smaller than usual. That does not mean anyone is locked out, but if you are thinking of coming, then it's best to follow our discussions on this board and Sunday Chats to see what we are talking about regarding the trains, hotels, places to eat, etc. While much has fallen into place, there will undoubtably be last minute decisions during the Fest as to what we do or where we eat. Still, the group will be together in some shape or form for 6 days, and you're of course welcome to catch us any or all days of the event. If you have any questions that you can't derive from the links to my site or from our board and chat talk, then please feel free to e-mail me or post your question here if it's not too personal, and I'll try to answer it.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#18 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Participant list was updated, to reflect some corrections and recent changes. Total still 11.

Also, removed background dark colors, since as yet another challenge to preparing these Fests, I now have to cater to third world browsers and smart phones.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#19 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Participant list was updated, to reflect some corrections and recent changes. Total still 11.

Also, removed background dark colors, since as yet another challenge to preparing these Fests, I now have to cater to third world browsers and smart phones.

Third world browsers???? I used Google Chrome. FYI - I was able to see the participant list just fine after the changes. Thanks.

Edit to correct spelling of browser.

Edited by pennyk, 21 June 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#20 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Third world browers???? I used Google Chrome. FYI - I was able to see the participant list just fine after the changes. Thanks.

Third world browser? I bet he means Internet Explorer! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users