#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82690 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Post about your trip home after the NYMA Fest concluded with arrival of Regional #171 into New York Penn Station.  We know that at least 2 people travelled by air to get home, 2 by long distance trains, and 2 continued on #171 to Philadelphia.

I had lunch in New York City, then took Regional #93 to Metropark.  After driving home from there, my travels were over around 3:30 PM on Monday, which thankfully beat the rush hour.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

I had lunch in NYC (with another fest participant) after arriving on 171 and then went to Club Acela and waited with other participants.  I was the last to leave on train 97.  I am still on 97 after suffering 2 delays to "reboot the PTC."  I expect to arrive in Orlalndo sometime after lunch and likely will take a car service home (unless the timing works for SunRail).

#3 traintraker

traintraker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:RailFest day trip passenger train and trolley travel to various destinations in the Pennsylvania, New York and<br />Washington DC areas.<br />Visits to train and trolley museums and all model train <br />and trolley railroading exhibits and hobbies.<br />Interested in all forms of rapid transit..., bullet trains, jet<br />aircraft, superpower boats, space shuttle..., etc.<br />astronomy, tennis, bicycling, jogging, hiking, sci-fi,<br />music, movies, video games.

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:51 AM

On Monday, 3/25/19, I took Amtrak, Acela Express train, #2150 to, New Haven Union Station, in Connecticut and met Kevin, Bruce, Dick, Jishnu, Penny, Jeb and John arriving on Amtrak, Shuttle train, #471 from, Springfield Massachusetts. I rode with all of them except Jeb, on Amtrak Northeast Regional train, #171 to, New York Penn Station, in New York and stayed on board and continued my trip to, Philadelphia 30th Street Station, in Pennsylvania... Maurice Carson.

Edited by traintraker, 28 March 2019 - 04:50 AM.

#4 shanghai

shanghai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:09 AM

I took the LIRR to visit my daughter and family, then after dinner returned to hotel.

I took the Silver Meteor home on March 26.

#5 jebr

jebr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:08 AM

After getting off at New Haven, I explored downtown New Haven for a bit before getting a Hartford Line train to Hartford. I connected there to a bus to Boston, where I spent the night (and explored a couple of their rail lines, including the Mattapan Trolley.) The next day, after playing tourist a bit more, I flew home on an on-time flight from Boston to MSP.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users