• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

September is getting pretty close!  I hope there will soon be an announcement as to the actual opening date.  This will be first new Link line extension since the recently concluded Pacific Coast Fest.  From the Seattle Times.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82578 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:24 PM

Critics will argue the boulevard is already well served by A Line at a fraction of the cost for rail, so the region should embrace bus-rapid transit and self-driving cars.

Well then the "A" BRT line can be cut back to Angle Lake so it doesn't duplicate the light rail service.

Try as I might, I like to watch new line segment openings and plan our Fests around them so we don't "just miss" like this as we apparently did. When we rode LINK between Westlake and UW/Husky Stadium earlier this month, we had effectively re-"aced" the system. Now in September we will lose that status and have a reason to return someday in a few years when that segment and more are available.

Something similar happened on our 2009 visit to the Los Angeles area. The East L.A. segment of the Gold Line opened in November of that year, just 4 months after we were there. But we finally got it 7 years later on our recent PCRF event which also by that time included more Gold Line to ride on the other end.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

Right.  I'm looking forward to the next fest in the Seattle area, sometime in 2023 or 2024 when the lines to Redmond/Overlake, Northgate and Kent/Des Moines will have opened.  I know, it's an eternity away, but time does tend to creep up on us!

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#4 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

​Angle Lake station patronage deemed a success.  From the Seattle Times.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users