MWRF/Amtrak trips

65 replies to this topic

#21 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

I was just able to book PGH-CHI-MSP at lower buckets now. I got the lower level on both segments and the Seattle section for the EB segment. Both 7 and 27 were the same price at the time. I'm in the 731 car too, so two cars from the diner. For MSP-CHI I have 28 booked, also on the lower level.

Edited by saxman, 20 March 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#22 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

• The westbound Pennsylvanian (#42) at NYP, PHL, HAR and PGH

Westbound Pennsylvanian is #43.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#23 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

Again I'm creating the charts for Amtrak trains only so please e-mail me your accommodations (car number AND room number/letter) so I can add you to the chart. We can then see where we are relative to one another, and remember that it does help when we are making the group reservations for meals aboard the train.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#24 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

• The westbound Pennsylvanian (#42) at NYP, PHL, HAR and PGH
Westbound Pennsylvanian is #43.

Hmm. You're right. Directionally challenged.

#25 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

Here are the first of the performance reports for the MWRF Amtrak trains. My TV Guide synopsis for each is below, and may include a train or two from April.

*** See updated charts posted July 13

Pennsylvanian #43 to PGH:

In March, #43 was an on-time machine: in fact, usually early into PGH.

Scheduled arrival into PGH is 8:05pm. The mid-point (half before, half after) was 7:51pm.  The all but certain (90% before, 10% after) arrival was at or before 8:08 pm. The latest arrival was 8:21pm

Capitol Limited #29 PGH to CHI:

In March, #29 was typically a little late out of PGH. It was typically about an hour or so late into CHI.

Scheduled departure from PGH is 11:59pm.  The mid-point (50th percentile) was 12:17am.  The all but certain departure was at or before 1:18am. The latest departure was 2:00am 

Scheduled arrival into CHI is 8:45am.  The mid-point arrival was 9:37am.  The all but certain arrival was at or before 11:09am.  The latest arrival was 12:39pm.

Empire Builder #7/27 CHI-MSP:

In March, #7/27 was generally on-time or close to on-time into MSP.

Scheduled arrival into MSP is 9:53pm  The mid-point arrival was 9:55pm. The all but certain arrival was at or before time is 10:42pm.  The latest arrival was 11:46pm.

Empire Builder #8/28 MSP-CHI

In March, #8/28 was the worst performing of the MWRF trains. Departures from MSP and arrivals into CHI were usually over an hour and a half late.  Outliers were three or more hours late.

Scheduled departure from MSP is 8:03am.  The actual mid-point was 9:46am.  The all but certain departure was at or before 10:48am.  The latest departure was 11:53am.

Scheduled arrival into CHI is 3:55pm.  The mid-point arrival was 5:33pm.  The all but certain arrival was at or before 7:16pm.  The latest arrival was 11:49pm.

Edited by BillMagee, 13 July 2015 - 07:05 AM.
Charts removed

#26 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

Again I'm creating the charts for Amtrak trains only so please e-mail me your accommodations (car number AND room number/letter) so I can add you to the chart. We can then see where we are relative to one another, and remember that it does help when we are making the group reservations for meals aboard the train.

I think I've been patient enough.  Six people have complied (including me), and those six have gotten the privilege of getting  the First Edition of the accommodations chart e-mailed to them.

There are 9 people on the guest list, six of whom sent their Amtrak plans. There are apparently more who should be on the guest list but aren't  for whatever reason. Please ... I do this for you every year as a labor of love, never expecting to derive anything back in return. All I ask is to be able to keep this current and be able to do so at my pace, when time is available.

Kevin

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#27 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:29 PM

I have been most patient this winter and spring, since the official announcement came and until recently with only 5 of you sending me what was requested above.  Now, the above six people (including me) got the privilege of receiving the first edition of the Trains Accommodations chart in their e-mail on Friday evening.  There are 9 people currently on the guest list, so that means 3 of them either haven't reserved, are going in coach class, or they did reserve sleepers but didn't share the information yet.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#28 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

For the Chicago part of the Fest I will be coming in on train 8 from Seattle after having come back into the states from Canada on the Cascades 513.

#29 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:53 PM

The latest copy of the train accommodations chart has been e-mailed to those 11 people whose names are on it.

Currently we have 8 people on the westbound Capitol Limited (29), 9 people on the westbound Empire Builder (7/27), and 9 people on the eastbound Empire Builder (8/28).   I don't like the number 9 because one person has to be left out of eating with the group, seated 4 and 4.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#30 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

OK I have now booked all Amtrak trains for the fest Including the 2 Hiawathas and the wolverine home.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users