MWRF/Amtrak trips

65 replies to this topic

#51 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

Y'all can have a pre-Fest Fest in the Club Acela in Philly :)

#52 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:39 AM

Yeah Jishnu, now I have to have doubt as to whether NJ TRANSIT will get me there in time for there to be a pre-Fest Fest in the Club Acela.  That was "my" train.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#53 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5368 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

Yeah Jishnu, now I have to have doubt as to whether NJ TRANSIT will get me there in time for there to be a pre-Fest Fest in the Club Acela.  That was "my" train.

There's always a ride from Cherry Hill to 30th Street available on demand.  NJ Transit will not undo the Fest!   :)

#54 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Very much appreciated, Bill.  There is also a strike threat looming, which while it would begin midnight Wednesday night, I have to consider the inability to get back to my car afterwards if a strike happens and persists. So I am also looking at other alternatives that involve buses and/or boarding the Pennsylvanian sooner than Philly, or going a night earlier and staying in the area.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#55 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5368 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Very much appreciated, Bill.  There is also a strike threat looming, which while it would begin midnight Wednesday night, I have to consider the inability to get back to my car afterwards if a strike happens and persists. So I am also looking at other alternatives that involve buses and/or boarding the Pennsylvanian sooner than Philly, or going a night earlier and staying in the area.

For your reviewing your options if the strike occurs while you are away and your car is at NJT Cherry Hill, a PATCO ride to Woodcrest would make it easy for me to shuttle you over to your car.

#56 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

I arrive into PHL on the Crecsent on Tuesday just after 12 noon. That afternoon I was think about a run to somewhere. I've never done the Atlantic City run. If not, a trip to Paoli and back is always on the books.

#57 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

Paoli always works, Chris, and depending on the schedule,  sometimes you can also go as far as Downingtown for the same cheap fare as PHL-PAO.   The transfer is much easier in DOW with an underpass instead of climbing the long stairs, walking over the steep bridge, and down the other side stairs.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#58 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5368 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

Last issue of the train performance charts.  Data begins March 1 and is up-to-date through this morning.

#43 - Great on-time performance.  Figure on-time or early into Pittsburgh.

#29 - Good on-time performance.  Figure close to on-time out of Pittsburgh, maybe an hour late into Chicago.

#7/27 - Very good on-time performance.  Figure close to on-time into St. Paul.

#8/28 - Pretty poor performance.  Figure about two hours late leaving St. Paul, and about three hours late  getting to Chicago.  The performance of 8/28 is highly variable day-to-day.

Attached Files

#59 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

Thank you for the sumnary

#60 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

At this time please consider the last train accommodations chart sent via e-mail to those travelling to be final, as final as can be just before the Fest.  Hopefully we don't play Musical Roomettes, but sometimes we encounter bad-ordered rooms or other car-wide issues.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users