#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

I realize that I have been delinquent in reposting our photo policy, one of the things that was lost last year when a hacker got his hands on our board. We're going to be a little more relaxed in what is allowed, but still with limitations. As of late the few photos I have seen have not been of concern. We ask that you limit the number of photos posted and the size as well. They should not be too large as to cause the board display to be distorted on a large screen. However please keep in mind that some people still have small screens, and that some people do still use dial-up rather than broadband to access the board. Too many photos can cause the page to load very slowly for dial-up users. Most importantly, the same rules for posting text apply to posting photos. If it is not yours, please don't post it. There is a big difference between posting personal photos of your train trip, and posting somebody else's photo of train equipment. If we see any photos posted that are obviously not taken by you, we don't know whether the actual photographer wants his work published on our site. If somebody does identify a photo as theirs, and they did not post it, we will be forced to pull it down. You should stay "on topic" as well, so for example a photo of your family pet would not be appropriate (unless they are on a train, which means you've got a police summons to deal with anyhow!). I'm talking mainly about photos posted in the forums. Some of us have photos used as an avatar as well. Thanks for your cooperation.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

You should stay "on topic" as well, so for example a photo of your family pet would not be appropriate (unless they are on a train, which means you've got a police summons to deal with anyhow!).

Just a reminder that any photos posted on the Forums should relate in some manner to Trains. Pictures of vessels that sail, city skylines, etc. are "off topic".

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:12 PM

You should stay "on topic" as well, so for example a photo of your family pet would not be appropriate (unless they are on a train, which means you've got a police summons to deal with anyhow!).

Just a reminder that any photos posted on the Forums should relate in some manner to Trains. Pictures of vessels that sail, city skylines, etc. are "off topic".

Aloha Kevin

I have a picture that by description should be off limits but since I used it some time ago I wont repost it as it is on my gallery. It is of a vessel and city skyline, But the ship had large CSX lettering against the Honolulu background. A ship from a railroad so far from its normal port must be ok ? :)

Anyway mahalo for this site

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:14 PM

A ship from a railroad so far from its normal port must be ok ?

Key word is "ship". Now if you happen to have shot a photo with a CSX train in the water with Honolulu (or any other city of your choice!) in the background, now we're talking! :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users