#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82716 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

Use this thread to document your travels to meet the group either at the start of the LTRF event or along our travels through the cities we will be visiting.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

Dick and I are on the Silver Meteor on our way to WAS. We likely will be arriving on time or early so we will have plenty of time to kill before boarding 19. We plan to take the Metro to visit the NARP office.

#3 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:46 AM

I am on a flight from Orlando to Washington Dulles, about half hour to land a little before 11:20am. See you all in the WAS contingent in a bit, at the Club Acela, if you are already there, or whenever you get there.

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82716 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

Making my way piecemeal to Washington.  This week due to car issues I decided against the usual Cherry Hill routine, instead opting for Uber to Trenton and thence by train from there.  Since there is now a penalty for changing things, I just took a Regional to Philadelphia rather than taking one train through.  Then comes my originally planned Acela trip to Washington to join the group that is boarding there.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82716 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

At this time there are 4 of us at the Club Acela in Washington, and another 4 aboard #19 out of New York City.   Seven of the total eight will continue south from Washington down to New Orleans starting this evening.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

I had a work trip that finished in New York LGA on the 10th. The next morning I hopped on the Q23 bus to the 7 train into Manhattan. I figured Id ride it all the way to Hudson Yards to check it out again then walked to Penn Station to get my steps in. I made may way to ClubAcela to find a crowded club. It emptied out pretty quit as one of the Acelas boarded. Soon after Alan and Grace met me in the club to board 19.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users