• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

You have to go to the restaurant site.  Click "menus."  Then, click on "Dinner." Nothing will happen (tricky!), but if you then click "Print," a doc of the menu will download.

I think Kevin just fixed your link/attachment and it works now.  Only admins were able to access it previously.  Apparently John and I are peons.   :lol:

Maybe we should apply to be administrators too! Then again the "burden" of the job could be too much for us... :lol:

#22 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

I fixed the ability to download the link.  I created this forum not long after the board was upgraded and while staff could download it (or anything else for that matter in this forum), others could not until now.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#23 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

I have called the center cafe twice today to try to get a clear answer as to whether or not they can receive a group of 17 people and that they are willing to work with us on the issue of separate checks.   During the first call I was instructed to call back at 3 p.m. eastern time to speak with the manager.  I called back and the manager still was not there.  The person that I interacted with was pleasant, and seemed willing to help.  He obviously did not have the authority to make a reservation for a large group, or to waive the policy regarding separate checks.  He took down my information and phone number and stated that he was going to have the manager call me back.  

I am requesting a reservation for 17 at 5 p.m.on Saturday, January 17.   If the restaurant accepts our reservation and is willing to waive the policy on the separate checks, I am ok with this.  If we can't get a response within 24 hours, I suggest we move on.  

#24 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Thank you Steve.  The person to whom I spoke yesterday was a man who put me on hold prior to providing me with an answer.  I asked about 8 people.  I did not know how many we would be and I was unsure whether all of us could be seated at one table.  We may be able to fit at 2 tables for 9.

#25 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Depending on what trains people are taking out of there, eating at Union Station raises more likelihood that we will have a larger group still together for dinner. Agreed it will probably be in the low to mid teens, unless we get a surge of more people who decide to join us.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#26 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

I have yet to receive a call from the manager. At this point I am not impressed.

#27 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

Remember we still have the Pizzeria Uno option nearby.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#28 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

Exactly. This is not rocket science for a restaurant.

#29 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

There's always Sbarro's at Union Station for comfort food, and no hassle with checks either :P

#30 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Yep and there's McDonald's, Corner Bakery Cafe, and places of many ethnicities and tastes downstairs in the food court.  Saturday night should be something a little better than that, as we have plenty of opportunity for fast food for those who will be around there Friday evening, Sunday evening, and Monday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users