#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Day One of our Garden State RailFest 2008 event is over. We had a total of 11 people involved today. Five of us met in New York's Penn Station at 12 Noon, and then we went over to the Stage Door Deli for lunch. Excellent, quick service and highly recommended. Three more joined at Penn Station just before our 1:40 departure. Eight of us travelled into NJ on the Montclair-Boonton Line. We were joined by two more who got on at Newark-Broad Street, bringing our total to ten. Together we rode out to Hackettstown over the rest of the Montclair-Boonton Line, and then returned inbound over the Morristown Line. We all got off at Newark-Broad Street, where we were joined by one more person. We had our peak involvement on the Newark LRT with 11 people. Our only problem was a delay to our inbound train as we came through Essex County. We were running slowly through the Oranges and into Newark. That set us back about 10 minutes. When the 11 of us got to Newark Penn Station, most of us decided to ditch dinner and head for our respective trains home or to the Philadelphia area. We had 5 on the NJT express train to Trenton, and 4 others took Amtrak. One went home to rejoin us tomorrow, while another took a later NJT train. When the group of 5 arrived in Trenton, I spilt from the group to ride the RiverLINE back to my car in Pennsauken, and the other 4 took SEPTA into Center City Philadelphia. I would assume by now that everyone is where they planned to be tonight. Tomorrow we do one SEPTA regional rail line and NJT's Atlantic City line.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users