#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Maiden participant list has been created, based on communications thus far.

If your name is there but shouldn't be, or the information is wrong, please let me know. Likewise, if you've indicated to me that you are coming and your name hasn't been added to the list then tell me. Just please give me a few days to update the list as I may not have time to update it within a few days of your e-mail.

You need not provide your hotel plans just yet --- that will be handled closer to the event. We still have 5 months as of now. For now, just your name and days of attendance, or "all" if doing everything in both cities.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

You can add me for Chicago to Abq and back. Roz is thinking of going too. One I book the sleepers, I'll make it official on roz participating.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

You can add me for Chicago to Abq and back. Roz is thinking of going too. One I book the sleepers, I'll make it official on roz participating.

That's the oddest looking e-mail I've ever seen. :) Update made, but we need to stick to one medium so I can keep things together.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ok. Will do. That was the new high tech email from my iPhone that allOws me to to send emails anyplace. Lol

#5 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I already know that I'm going to find my way to the Chitown part of the trip but not ABQ.

#6 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5369 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

You might want to revisit the colors used for the participant page. The light blue text on a tan and even white background is a bit hard to read, at least on my screen.

#7 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

The color choice is admittedly very Shirley DiLebriousque :) Remember the pastel shades in Comet IVs?

#8 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

OK, I'll fix that tonight, after the chat. Meanwhile if you can't see it, just put your cursor over it to highlight it, and you should see a while type on dark background. For the record, it's peachpuff and turquoise!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#9 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

They had the turquoise room on the super chief . . .

#10 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

It should be a little better now. Darker turquoise and white background. I try to make each one have a different look or theme, and with 37 Fests including this one since 2001 (35 of them with their own set of webpages) PLUS those planned for the future, maybe we're running out of acceptable color combinations. Many of us are getting older too (self included), so we might not see things as clearly as we did "back then". If this doesn't work perhaps it's back to boring black and white and primary colors. Maybe I'm related in some way to Shirley D., but she was more into Mauve. :) At any rate, list is updated today, and we're in double digits already for the participant count.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users