#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Use this thread to discuss hotel plans, if you wish to, for East Coast RailFest 2014. Generally, our participants stay wherever they wish, dependent on hotel loyalty programs and costs. Sometimes smaller groups do end up staying in the same hotel, but there is no official Fest hotel as some may choose to be elsewhere for various reasons. For the Philadelphia Friday evening, most I have heard from so far tend to be focused on one particular hotel, while for Saturday evening in the New York and North Jersey area, it is a little more varied. And please note that not everyone may wish to publicly divulge their plans here, so I would not rely on this thread as an accurate count of who might be staying where.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Also:

Philly area hotel listing

NJ hotel listing

NYC hotel listing

Connecticut hotel listings in Stamford, Bridgeport, New Haven, Old Saybrook, and New London

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

Those who might still be considering the Doubletree on Broad Street in Philadelphia, the going rate right now for 1/17 is up to $151 AAA. Probably a bit steep for most. Cheapest Hilton family hotel in the area is now the Hampton Inn by the airport at $125 AAA, accessible from the Eastwick SEPTA Regional Rail station. I of course haven't checked all the other chains, but I would expect something similar. As for New York on Saturday night 1/18, a lot of hotels are now sold out, and those that remain are obscenely expensive. Consider locations outside Manhattan, such as Queens or New Jersey.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

I don't follow sports nor believe in the existence of saints, but the New Orleans Saints may have greatly aided the hotel situation in Philadelphia by ensuring the football season has ended in the latter city.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

The Hilton at PHL Airport is only $89 for the AAA rate. I booked that for now. But I may for with the Microtel at the airport, which is only $70. It's next to the Eastwick station. Also got a cheap hotel in Manhattan near Union Square. It was only $77 off hotels.com. I got an email showing 50% off, so I took advantage.

Edited by saxman, 07 January 2014 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users