Photo

Is anyone considering taking Amtrak 163 on Sunday?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

:lol: whoops. I thought I already made a reservation for 163 on Sunday, but looking through my e-mail i realized I never did. Its now a 56 dollar fare STM-MET so I'm going to take Metro North.

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82532 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

:lol: whoops. I thought I already made a reservation for 163 on Sunday, but looking through my e-mail i realized I never did. Its now a 56 dollar fare STM-MET so I'm going to take Metro North.

Who started this thread? :blink:
I think a few of us jumping on this issue once the thread starter (hint hint) raised it, caused the bucket to be tipped and the price therefore jacked up. Yeah it's about 50 bucks AAA rate, but with my split trip via NWK it's 25 and 25 for each segment, so not so bad. Remember too that it's Sunday, not Saturday, so the fare is going to be higher as Sunday is considered peak.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Fifty bucks is good. It is more than 49 bucks and therefore the leg qualifies as one of the 4 needed to get a free rt on Regionals. :)

#14 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Fifty bucks is good. It is more than 49 bucks and therefore the leg qualifies as one of the 4 needed to get a free rt on Regionals. :)

I am also doing 150/163 on Sunday.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#15 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Kevin, I think I'll overnight at Newark Hilton just to avoid waking up at an ungodly hour on Sunday, and also to snag a few additional Hilton and AGR points while I am at it. I have a reservation. On Saturday I will pick up my bag from my car in Metropark after we head back to NJ after dinner. Sunday I will leave the bag at the hotel for pickup on the way back from STM, and then head to Metropark to pick up my car.

#16 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82532 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

Ok, but please don't hurt yourself with the car at Metropark. I'll be there too, so let me know if you need help lifting it. But my purpose will be to drive home. :) If past experience still holds true, the bell captain at Hilton Newark is on the lower level (one level down from the lobby), which means sprinting across the street outside to/from Newark Penn Station rather than using the sky bridge.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#17 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

Ok, but please don't hurt yourself with the car at Metropark. I'll be there too, so let me know if you need help lifting it. But my purpose will be to drive home. :)

That is why I keep a small model of the car in the glove compartment. They are much easier to pick up :) (Hey you asked for it ;) )

I'll text you what car I am in on 160 after I board at MET on Saturday. Piotr are you joining 160 at NWK or MET?

#18 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

last night 163 dropped down to $33 STM-MET just in case anyone is still thinking about making a reservation. I am booked on 163 now STM-MET

#19 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Ok, but please don't hurt yourself with the car at Metropark. I'll be there too, so let me know if you need help lifting it. But my purpose will be to drive home. :)

That is why I keep a small model of the car in the glove compartment. They are much easier to pick up :) (Hey you asked for it ;) )

I'll text you what car I am in on 160 after I board at MET on Saturday. Piotr are you joining 160 at NWK or MET?

MET

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#20 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82532 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

I take it I shouldn't have any problems other than raised eyebrows if I board 160 at Newark with a MET-NHV ticket.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users