#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

Thanks to everybody once again for participating in another successful fest.

My apologies to those who didn't have dinner until 8:30 Friday night, but present company was included in that. The schedule was a bit tight in Newark, particularly for those taking the NJT express train to Trenton. The only pitfall of our trip was the slow running through the Oranges and Newark on our return from Hackettstown.

The fest homepage has been updated in past tense.

The itinerary has been amended to include the latest scheduled times vs. the actual times. I guessed that the Friday SEPTA R7 train into Philadelphia was on time, but if it wasn't I can make a correction.

We had no last minute scratches or walk-on participants, so the participant list is as it was the day before the fest began.

The Fest Scorecard feature has been updated to credit us with riding the SEPTA R3 to Elwyn, and the entire NJT Atlantic City, Montclair-Boonton, and Morristown Lines. You'll note that this fest aced SEPTA Regional Rail for the group, and it also leaves the Raritan Valley Line beyond Raritan as the only NJT commuter rail line we have yet to ride together. (That will get corrected on the Friday of our next January fest.)

Fest scorecard
Fest scorecard NJT commuter page
Fest scorecard SEPTA regional rail page

Finally, our Fest History page has been updated to reflect this past weekend.

My Doubletree Suites in Mt. Laurel was more like a resort than a hotel, and saying it took 10 minutes to walk from my suite to the front lobby is no exaggeration. After all the planning, Michael not there, and everything else going on in my life, it was good to get some "me" time for a couple of nights. I had my comp buffet breakfast this morning and then took the drive home to make the above updates.

See you all next time!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

Those who rode any Amtrak trains during the fest, or to get to or from our official activities, don't forget to report your mileage to Bill Magee in the appropriate thread.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users