KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

Where will the group meet each day?

We begin each day's activities from NY Penn Station, and more than likely those who can will hang out in the Club Acela.  If you can't enter the lounge, you can meet us outside its entrance behind Track 7/8 West in the main waiting room on the departure level.

For the Friday night NJT trip, I suggest waiting on the arrivals level until our train's track is posted and then going down. That means if you're in the lounge, leave it early as NJT trains are not announced in there.

For the Saturday LIRR trip, we will meet on the LIRR level of the station near the bottom of the escalators but out of their way.  I would suggest starting to meet around 8:20 AM, and when the 8:48 Port Washington train is called, we go down and claim our seats.  If you arrive there and don't find us, make your way to the correct track for Port Washington and text one of us to find which car we are in.

On Sunday, we can either wait until #663 is called or stand outside the lounge and watch the monitor for a track assignment.  With that departure at 9:09 AM, we probably should begin meeting in the lounge about 8:30, with those meeting us outside as we get the boarding call.

I suspect that the group will split up for lunch on Sunday, especially since some of the food court has closed for East Side Access work. There are many fast food places along the streets outside of Grand Central Terminal. So we should re-convene near the center kiosk in the middle of the terminal about 1:30 PM before our North White Plains trip. Once the track number is announced or displayed, off we go.

Monday morning's Stamford run will leave 9 AM, so I suggest the same as Sunday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

4 more days of 8th period English 2 . . .

#3 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

For the Friday night NJT trip, I suggest waiting on the arrivals level until our train's track is posted and then going down. That means if you're in the lounge, leave it early as NJT trains are not announced in there.

They may not announce NJT trains in the lounge, but if one sits in view of the various departure monitors in the lounge one can still see the NJT trains listed there.

And for those with smart phones, there is always DepartureVision too.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#4 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:02 PM

And some of CA agents will, if asked, give out information on NJT track assignments.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

And some of CA agents will, if asked, give out information on NJT track assignments.

How do agents in California know about NJT track assignments in New York?

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

Club Acela?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users