PCRF/Seattle transit costs

16 replies to this topic

#11 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Just to clarify. I already have an ORCA card. From your description, I can load that current card as a Day Pass? It still has a few dollars on it that I always have handy. 

I, too, have an ORCA card (that had no money on it).  On-line, I added an $8.00 day pass to it.  I hope I did it correctly.

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

I know that you can take the existing ORCA card and add an $8 Day Pass to it at a machine. I am not sure whether if you already have cash value on the card, if that can be applied to the $8 when purchasing the Day Pass. Perhaps Mark knows?

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

I do not know.  I will call on Monday to ascertain.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#14 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

I know that you can take the existing ORCA card and add an $8 Day Pass to it at a machine. I am not sure whether if you already have cash value on the card, if that can be applied to the $8 when purchasing the Day Pass. Perhaps Mark knows?

I do have a few dollars on my card. But I suppose I can add the $8 to mine. It says you don't scan it each time you get on and off the trains as you normally would. 

#15 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

Well remember that you probably will need to use some value the following day to get to King Street Station, as another Day Pass would not be worthwhile. So I would expect you would need to fully purchase the $8 pass and you can then keep the remaining value for Thursday morning.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#16 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

I had planned to take a trip downtown to the KC Metro customer service office near KSS, but didn't manage.  So I called (which anyone can do, I assume with the toll-free number).  Maybe it's just me, but the daily pass rules and regulations seems too complicated! Once tapped, the $8.00 daily pass is good only through 3 AM of the next day, so it can't realistically be carried over from Wednesday to Thursday.  For those who have funds in an existing e-purse, they can count toward a daily pass, but, according to the agent I spoke with, one needs to go to a vending machine (or the KC Metro customer office) to arrange for a daily pass.   Per Kevin's cost analysis, a daily pass may save three bucks or so.  You be the judge if it's worth it, considering that some will use transit on Thursday.

I have a second ORCA, adult (not senior) to which I will add enough funds to treat others for individual trips.

http://metro.kingcou...ay-pass-faq.pdf

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#17 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

Rummaging through my stash of random transit cards from all over the world, I found two ORCA Cards, one with $2.25 on it, and the other with over $20 on it. The second one was a surprise. I have no recollection when and why I acquired that, but never look a gift horse in the mouth. It has more than enough to cover this trip and then some. I will bring the other card along in case someone needs one.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users