#22 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:52 AM

Kevin cannot finalize the Seattle transit costs and itinerary until we make a restaurant decision.  I do not know how to make a poll, or even if I have the authority to do so, so maybe each person who is interested in the choice can reply and state their preference.  I think we have narrowed it down to Dukes and Ivars.  

If there is no decision by June 6 I will work on achieving an "executive decision" working with Kevin and others.  The goal is to get a firm itinerary posted with accurate transit costs so people can plan their expenses.

So this means that procrastination and complacency are over, and you as a participant of our group need to give us your decision within the next week. We try to make this an event where everybody can give their say, and it sure would make life much easier on the planners who derive no financial gain from doing this to at least give them (us) the courtesy of your decision so we can proceed with advance planning, and I can amend the itinerary based on where we will have to be in Seattle. One more week from now, and then the decisions will be made for you if you haven't expressed your opinion.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#23 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:34 AM

It looks like Dukes is getting the votes. So we may be ok on this one.

#24 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:02 AM

All three are OK with me.  I will specifically scout out Duke's to make sure they will give individual checks and will inquire as to tipping policy for a group our size.  When I get the OK, for wherever, I can firm up reservations.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#25 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:29 AM

Thanks, Mark. They did so for us when we visited in 2010, so unless they changed policy I am sure they still would. Never hurts to double check!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#26 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:01 AM

I think we should go with dukes. I have to get Portland sorted out too so getting Seattle firmed up allows Kevin to finalize that part of the itinerary.

#27 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Yeah. Dukes is good. let's go with it.

#28 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

I stopped by Duke's today.  Was told by receptionist, not a manager, that if I were to mention separate checks when I made the reservation, that should be good enough, but I would check again a few days before just to be certain.  I was also told that they no longer add a service fee to large parties; that all would tip as they felt appropriate.  I will confirm this also when I make reservations, as we don't want any surprises.  If we indeed decide to go with Dukes, let me know and I will proceed.  Outdoor tables are not reservable.  If we were to opt for and there was room, we could dine al fresco, if we wanted and it wasn't too hot.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#29 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

I think we have enough on board for Duke's that it's a go. I think the last time in 2010 we ate there, they handled us pretty well..... indoors. I recall they did well and with separate checks. And that was before the 2012 debacle we had in Albuquerque, for those who were there and remember what happens when you don't tell the staff ahead of time about separate checks.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#30 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

I made a reservation for Duke's for Wednesday July 13, dinner at 5 PM.  For 11.  I'll be checking the participant list going forward for any additions.  I assume everyone in Seattle that evening will be going to the group dinner.  Let me know if otherwise.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users