KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82809 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Travel Pulse, 4/9/14:

Big changes are on the horizon for the Sunshine State. All Aboard Florida (AAF) is going to revolutionize the way tourists experience Florida when it introduces a three-hour rail connection between Miami and Orlando in 2016.

Article is here.

That "2016" above tells you that the projected date has now slipped through all of 2014 and 2015, and this won't be a reality until 2016. :rolleyes:

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43701 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

ProgressiveRailroading.com, 4/21:

Resident petition expresses concerns about All Aboard Florida project

A group of Florida residents has petitioned Florida Gov. Rick Scott to help them fight Florida East Coast Industries' construction of the All Aboard Florida passenger-rail service between Orlando and Miami.

"We moved to the Treasure Coast to get away from freeways, traffic jams and loud speeding trains," stated the petition, dated April 16.

Continue.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82809 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

"We moved to the Treasure Coast to get away from freeways, traffic jams and loud speeding trains," stated the petition, dated April 16.

Stupid complaint. You already have freeways (I-4, SR-528, I-95, etc.) and their accompanying traffic jams, and those "loud speeding trains" (sic) will help to mitigate the other two issues. And besides, this is not going to be high speed rail, and I am sure it will not be loud. AND if you moved to the Treasure Coast and within ear shot of the FEC railroad, a very active freight line, then you already have the trains, albeit slower ones. I would think the longer and slower freight trains would be more of a problem as they take longer to clear grade crossings.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users