• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

I noticed a few hundred more points in my total this morning, but upon examination they are the Hilton Honors double dip points from my 4 fest weekend hotels all being posted.  Nothing short of pathetic and inexcusable that these posted before Amtrak's own points.

ditto

#12 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

As of this morning, it's 11 days for the Saturday trips, and 10 days for the Sunday trip. Still zilch.

#13 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Nothing for me either yet. Very odd. 

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

As of this morning, it's 11 days for the Saturday trips, and 10 days for the Sunday trip. Still zilch.

Ditto. Just Monday still.   12  days for my Friday trips too.    9 days until I can begin calling about those.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Day 13 for you, and 12 for me.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not actually a big deal. We'll eventually get those points one way or another. However, it puzzles me how this happens. With e-ticketing and on-board scanning, the entire process should be automated.  Once the ticket is electronically lifted, the record would be updated.  Then, maybe each evening, a process would take all those lifted records, throw them over the fence to AGR, which then processes the records and posts the points - once again fully automated.  Since the Monday (1/19) trips have posted, it seems like the 1/16, 17 and 18 records either never got thrown over the fence to AGR, or AGR got them and they have been sitting in some electronic limbo somewhere.

In the olden days of paper coupons, missing flight miles were common.  That disappeared maybe 20 years ago with airline e-ticketing. Air miles posting is now fast and reliable. With US Airways, it takes two days for miles to appear following trips - without fail.  Now that Amtrak has caught up electronically, I cannot understand how this kind of delay occurs. 

#16 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

I know it's not the end of the world, because in the long run, we'll get them.  And I believe it was during the most recent Sunday chat that I ventured to say that when we do get the points they will all come in at once, like unblocking the drain in your bathtub.  It just exposes the issues Amtrak has in handling stuff like this in a reasonably quick and orderly fashion.  And there are more eyes on this here at OTOL particularly since 17 of us were on one train that Saturday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#17 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

It's not a big deal for us as a group, but for the casual rider that doesn't always look at there AGR balance it could take months for them to realize their weekend trip didn't post. I don't know what the cut off is for missing points, but I'm sure there is some kind of deadline for requesting retroactive credit. I'm not saying that our group here is the largest sample size, but its odd that no on here is reporting points for this weekend. I understand there were probably thousands if not 10s of thousands of Amtrak trips taken by riders 2 weekends ago I wonder if they are getting there points. 

#18 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

And that being the case if this condition continues, Amtrak may be forced into reality when those tens of thousands of people all call on February 7th (21 days later) to report they didn't get their points from January 17th.  Expect to wait in a call queue that day if we have to call for points.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#19 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

Well assuming that the points don't post for anyone by Monday, I should have some info on the mater come Monday.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#20 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Now my HH double dip points from one of my snow nights a week AFTER the Fest have posted to AGR already.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users