Photo

Future fests: potentially August 2008 and/or January 2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your preference for the fests? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be able to attend a fest in late August 2008?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If we held a fest in August, should it replace January 2009, or would you attend both?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should we have a fest in January 2009?

Vote

#11 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82617 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:06 AM

Of course I plan to be their for anything that happens in Janurary because I have a lot of gaps to fill since I missed the earlier fests.

I've been looking mostly at the commuter rail possiities in the greater NY area. But if further timetable changes result in not being able to put together a fest involving LIRR and MNRR routes, the you may still get to BAARRF. :) BAARRF would get you those misses rail segments somehow, whether it's actually with the group, a subset of the group, or totally on your own. We have to see just what activities exist, how many have gaps in the trackage they have under their respective belts., and how much time we have.

Right now given the issues with LIRR having multiple service outages on the weekend I would prefer, it looks like we should instead pursue the Garden State RailFest event, which would include a little bit of North Jersey on Friday, followed by Amtrak to Phillly area. Then on Saturday, SEPTA R3 in the morning, and NJT Atlantic City Line in the evening. This would mean potentially 2 nights in Philly, although some of us in NJ or the NYC area could make it home after Saturday's activities.

After we see what we ultimately accomplish in August, then we'll look at both November and January and see what can be apportioned to those events.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#12 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

Nearly all of that would be new to me with the exception of the Atlantic City line. I did cover part of the the NJ transit part of the fest from last January with Alan. If Im riding with you guys, it will be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users