Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

Anacostia Rail Holdings news release:

Injury-free: L&I earns safety award

October 7, 2015

This article and more are in the Fall 2015 edition of the L&I's Connections newsletter.

Louisville & Indiana Railroad has once again earned the American Short Line & Regional Railroad Association’s (ASLRRA) Jake Award with Distinction for 2014.

This award is given to member railroads with no Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) reportable injuries for the previous year.

John Goldman, president of the L&I, said, “I believe the integrity, pride, and focus on safety by each employee is the key contributing factor, closely followed by quality efficiency testing, audits and open lines of communication.”

L&I Trainmaster Jeremy Kramer added, “The pride our employees exhibit in their job and their attention to detail contribute to safe work practices. Their concern for themselves and coworkers has helped develop a culture where everyone works safely.”

The Jake Award Program was created by Lowell S. “Jake” Jacobson, a Railway Age “Railroader of the Year” recipient who wanted to recognize safety achievements in the short line railroad industry. The ASLRRA Safety Committee adopted the Jake Awards in 1999, continuing to reward the high safety standards of the short line railroad industry.

Three additional Anacostia Rail Holdings railroads also received safety awards. Northern Lines Railway received a Jake Award with Distinction. The Chicago South Shore & South Bend Railroad and Pacific Harbor Line both won Jake Awards by finishing the calendar year with an FRA frequency rate less than or equal to the industry average.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users