#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

Last year by this time, members were requesting we put this subforum up to allow those OTOL members who wished to get together the opportunity to arrange to do so. At press time it's only a little over 2 weeks to go, so please plan away! :) Personally, I won't be going to any of the host cities, but I hope to ride Amtrak later in the month to garner triple AGR points.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Last year I went PHL-WAS-NYP to see both the PHL and WAS exhibits, but this year I will be at the PHL one only before going to NY for Mother's Day.

#3 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

I will be in Washington arriving by the Acela at around 11am and departing byt the 4pm Acela. Got to get my 3000 AGR point fix :)

#4 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

I will in Philly this year

#5 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

There will be several of us in Philly this year, along with several people from AU too. Most of us have reservations for 1:30 PM, and we'll try to gather around 12:00 to 12:30 for lunch before going to see the equipment.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#6 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

For anyone coming to Philly who wants to get together, I'm going to suggest the following. My train gets in at 11:10 AM in theory, so upon arrival I'm going to head for the hall that leads towards the Club Acela. I'll stand right near the end of the hall so that we can still see out into the main waiting area. This hall is past Gate 1 and right near where one would check-in luggage with the Redcaps for checked baggage service. All this assumes that they don't somehow setup some exhibits/vendor tables in that hall. If that happens, then I'll probably try to find some area right near there that gets us out of the heavy traffic. I'll remain there until either the Crescent carrying Bill Haithcoat arrives or about 12:15 PM, which ever comes first. If Bill is really early, then we may well return to the "meeting" point if not everyone whom we're expecting to see has arrived. At that point those of us who have found each other will attempt to either find a couple of tables in the food court for lunch or perhaps as someone has suggested maybe we'll go to lunch at a resturant/bar that exists in the station. I'll have on my Amtrak Wilmington Shops baseball cap with the old pointless arrow logo for Amtrak.
Alan,

#7 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

A long time ago I got a 11:30 reservation to view the train display so I'll find you for lunch afterwards.

#8 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

Ok. :) Heck, you may even see us standing there as I understand that the equipment displays will be on the tracks accessible from gate 1.
Alan,

#9 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Pretty much went as planned; I toured the trainsets between 11:45-12:30, then had lunch with Alan, his mom, and a small group from Amtrak Unlimited, then left as it was their time to tour the trainsets. I found them again in ClubAcela at 4:30 before my departure for NY for Mother's Day.

#10 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

Those of us returning to NY can be glad we returned when we did; service on the NEC between Metropark and Trenton is suspended due to overhead power problems and there was an announcement in NYP just now that NJT passengers bound for Trenton can expect a delay of up to two hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users