#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

The group has had a wonderful time so far. We did almost everything we wanted to do in Chicago, and everything in St. Louis as well. Nice Amtrak rides too. #95 was a little late, #29 was almsot 2 hours late into Chicago. Today's EAGLE arrived into Dallas just 20 minutes late. Instead of visiting the Age of Steam Museum we opted to relax in our rooms until dinnertime. Everyone is enjoying riding the rails. We met several others along the way and hopefully will add them to our group. And that's the halftime report, live from Dallas, where as I am typing, 2 DART light rail vehicles just passed one another on Pacific Street. :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

On our second and only full day in Dallas we aced the entire DART light rail system, and rode Trinity Railway Express to both Fort Worth stations. We had a very nice lunch at a local pizza place near Mockingbird Lane, and the long-awaited dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse. As a special treat in Fort Worth, we saw the consist of the Heartland Flyer, as well as a 2-hour-late northbound Texas Eagle (with the same consist that we had ridden southbound between St. Louis and Dallas). Last night we took an unscheduled ride on the M-Line streetcar and an after dark trip up the Reunion Tower. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we will do both during the daytime hours and hopefully also visit the M-Line carbarn. The gang is having a great time. If I were at home now reading this it would definitely whet my appetite to attend a subsequent rail fest !! :lol: :lol: :lol: Most likely I won't be able to send another message until we return home Thursday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

I'm home as I flew back. Great trip and good weather at least for my portion of the trip. Those taking the train are currently on the Lake Shore Limited past South Bend, IN, on their way back to the East Coast. I'll report on the new Skylink train at DFW airport when I have a chance. John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users