#11 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82802 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Michael and I received ours today too, also with obviously no value in their e-purse.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#12 Jack615

Jack615

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

I ordered one as well, does it matter whether it is a registered or unregistered card? Jack

Jack Suslak

Bluffton SC

Boston Celtics
NBA Champs 2008

Boston Bruins 

NHL Champs 2011

Boston Red Sox
World Series Champs 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018

New England Patriots

Super Bowl Champs 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82802 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

I selected the "registered" option.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

I ordered one as well, does it matter whether it is a registered or unregistered card?

Jack

Jack,

Overall it does not matter if you register the card or not. The two advantages to registering the card are 1) if the card is lost, they can cut off its use and give you a new card with your current balance at the time of the loss; 2) you can add money to the E-purse via the online system.

If you don't register your card, then you'll have to wait until you reach Seattle and find a TVM to put any money on your card.

Finally don't worry that you didn't select "registered" as once you receive the card you can still go to Orcacard.com and register your card should you wish to do so.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#15 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

I ordered one as well, does it matter whether it is a registered or unregistered card?
Jack

Jack,

Overall it does not matter if you register the card or not. The two advantages to registering the card are 1) if the card is lost, they can cut off its use and give you a new card with your current balance at the time of the loss; 2) you can add money to the E-purse via the online system.

If you don't register your card, then you'll have to wait until you reach Seattle and find a TVM to put any money on your card.

Finally don't worry that you didn't select "registered" as once you receive the card you can still go to Orcacard.com and register your card should you wish to do so.

It's really to your advantage to register. Not only is there balance protection and online e-purse loading capability, but you can go online with your secure password to verify your balance at any time. Costs nothing extra. Two weeks to go for free ORCA!
"Big Green Chauvanist"

#16 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

Two weeks to go for free ORCA!

Word has just been received that the free ORCA offer has been extended to February 28. There has been such a demand for the card that it is feared all who might want to get the card free may not be able to do so by January 31. Thus the extension, which is good for those who might not know end January if they will attend the PNW fest but might indeed know by end February.

"Big Green Chauvanist"

#17 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:57 AM

Aloha I forget when I logged on to order my card but it wasn't to long ago, and it arrived in today's mail. Eric

#18 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

I got my ORCA cards in the mail yesterday. I found the design on the plain side when you consider some of the other tap cards in various cities across the country.

#19 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

This was the easy part. Now those sleeper tickets . . .?

#20 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82802 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

Another relatively easy part: SEA-VAC on 510 and VAC-SEA on 517. One Regional Card for All (ORCA) where "all" doesn't include Amtrak. :(

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users