4 replies to this topic

#1 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43493 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette,  Little Rock, reports that the southbound Texas Eagle was "halted" at Little Rock Saturday due to 3 bridge washouts between Arkadelphia to Texarkana, Texas on UPRR.  About 150 passengers were bused to their destinations.

This was reported by railfans on the internet; the article can be accessed only by completing a survey thus I have not posted a link!

-Ross

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82539 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Ross, please go ahead and post the link.  We only shy away from those sites that require membership, whether paid or not.  Answering a couple of questions is not intrusive, especially when I skew their results with the wrong answers.   This new survey stuff seems to be a growing trend that many media sites are following. While it takes an extra minute or two at least we can then see the whole article.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43493 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

I may have worn out the "survey."  This story opened for me!

Little Rock Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 7/5:

Washed-out bridges strand train riders

More than 150 people waited for chartered buses at the Little Rock Amtrak station after three bridges were washed out, causing trains to be rerouted Saturday, an Amtrak spokesman said.

Mark Magliari said a section of track owned by Union Pacific was closed from Arkadelphia to Texarkana, Texas. Jeff DeGraff, spokesman for Union Pacific, said heavy rains swept away parts of the track and the trains had to be rerouted.

From Friday night to Saturday, Prescott and surrounding areas received 12 to 14 inches of rain, said Joe Goudsward of the National Weather Service in North Little Rock.

Continue here.

#4 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5366 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

With the survey gatekeepers for reading articles, I usually find that answering that you have not heard of or used the service or product being questioned ends the survey and takes me directly to the article.

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82539 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

Update in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 7/6/15:

Amtrak resumes runs after rail fix

Amtrak trains are running again between Arkadelphia and Texarkana, Texas now that tracks damaged by weekend flooding have been repaired, an Amtrak spokesman said.

A section of track owned by Union Pacific closed Saturday from Arkadelphia to Texarkana. Jeff DeGraff, Union Pacific spokesman, said heavy rains swept away parts of the track and the trains had to be rerouted.

More

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users