#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82698 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

The charter Participant List for the Socal Fest is now online here. As you can see, 12 people so far, however at no time would all 12 be together at once. As it stands now, only 5 of those 12 have to put up with one another for 13 days! :o

We're once again spanning a good portion of the USA, so if you wish to join us, you need not participate in the entire fest. For example if you live in California, you could ride with us on the Pacific Surfliner to Oceanside, and then go back on your own. Or you could just show up for the Metrolink and Metro rides. If you're on the east coast, you could ride the Crescent with us to anywhere between Alexandria, VA and New Orleans, and then return home yourself. Or you could go out and meet us in Chicago and ride back to New York with the group on the Lake Shore Limited.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

The charter Participant List for the Socal Fest is now online here. As you can see, 12 people so far, however at no time would all 12 be together at once. As it stands now, only 5 of those 12 have to put up with one another for 13 days! :o

And of those 5 one will be buried under his huge headphones :lol: most of that time, so that leaves only 4 to have to put up with each other for all 13 days. B)

#3 WhoozOn1st

WhoozOn1st

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:47 AM

Just a note to say that I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with new-to-me (except Alan and Jishnu) fellow railfans.

Wish I could be on hand to welcome y'all to my turf, but I'll be off riding the Cheyenne Frontier Days Train behind UP 844 before hurrying back via winged tube to join the FESTivities.

Patrick

#4 Jack615

Jack615

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make it out to the west coast, but am looking forward to being part of the fest and ride the Crescent, City of New Orleans and Lake Shore Limited to Boston.

Jack Suslak

Bluffton SC

Boston Celtics
NBA Champs 2008

Boston Bruins 

NHL Champs 2011

Boston Red Sox
World Series Champs 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018

New England Patriots

Super Bowl Champs 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82698 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

And I just updated the list with Jack's new information and the addition of one more person.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Unfortunately it is now official that I won't be part of this, as the weekend that the group is out in Calfornia my family is celebrating my mother's birthday (a milestone but she's still a young lady). Also I would have had to twist arms to get those weeks off, as one of those weeks saw three people all with seniority put in for those weeks and that is how many in our group are allowed vacation. Instead I'll take a trip in the fall with its off-peak prices and cooler weather. I might meet the group as it is leaving and/or arriving.

Edited by jacorbett70, 09 April 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#7 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82698 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

John,

I know you made it out to NoCal 2 years ago, so we'll miss you this time around. Perhaps you could do what Jack is now doing, and just take a short journey with us. Even if you do the Crescent with the group overnight to Atlanta, and then return yourself on that evening's train, you can spend 3 days/2 nights on the rails and not require a hotel room. Or you could take a shorter turn to Alexandria, so at least you would get to see all participants as they get on that train in various places like New York, Philly, and Washington.

You know of course that the ushers at 30th Street Station won't let you down to track level just to "visit".

I might meet the group as it is leaving and/or arriving.

To those reading our board for the first time and learning about our Fests and the reports on them, the above statement can be translated as: "I want to get my name in the trip report!" :D :) :P

Edited by KevinKorell, 09 April 2009 - 11:37 PM.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users