• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

The forecast for Jacksonville on Monday is now: Mon Jul 15; Scattered T-Storms 84° high, 74° low, Scattered T-Storms CHANCE OF RAIN: 40% For Winter Park: Mon Jul 15; Scattered T-Storms 85° high, 73° low, Scattered T-Storms CHANCE OF RAIN: 30% The above information is from weather.com. According to the weather predictions in today's Orlando Sentinel, the Orlando high on Monday is predicted to be 91, the low 74, with a 40% chance of rain. My prediction: It will be what it is.

#32 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82610 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

My prediction: It will be what it is.

Are you certain about that? :lol:

Currently I'm in midst of my pre-Fest points run on Keystones, and it went from light rain to heavy while I was at my hotel to check-in & leave luggage. I say get the rain over with now, so I'll take this one for the team.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#33 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82610 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

Not here where I am in Center City Philadelphia, but around the area to the west and south there were reports of flash flooding and resulting water rescues. I also saw on TV that the Charlotte, NC area where we'll be in 3 days also has high water and some people had to be rescued from flooded cars. Even if weather itself looks to be decent, aftermath from previous weather can be an issue. Remember the city of Trenton, NJ has had storms pass, the sun comes out, and then 1 or 2 days later the Delaware River comes up and floods the city from water that was collected in upstream communities many as far north as New York State.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#34 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Florida forecast update for Monday: Jacksonville Mon Jul 15 Scattered T-Storms 83° high 73° low Scattered T-Storms CHANCE OF RAIN: 60% Winter Park (and Orlando) Mon Jul 15 PM T-Storms 85° high 73° low PM T-Storms CHANCE OF RAIN: 60%

#35 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82610 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

And what Jacksonville and much of the Southeast coastline is getting late Sunday and early Monday is the remnants of Chantal, which should remain remnants but possibly carry heavy rain and wind. They say it should be clear by the early part of Monday, though. I think those of us going to Jacksonville envisioned it being uncomfortably hot, and thus remaining in air conditioned buildings such as the Landing. Well now it will be a comfortable temperature, but if it rains the same idea prevails. Remember, we can also ride the Skyway as much as we wish; it's free, weatherproof, and runs all day.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#36 EdFindlay

EdFindlay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Trains, Trains

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Charlotte forecast hasn't changed, the flashflood warnings appear to only go through Sunday at the latest so you guys should OK out there. NFK forecasts is unchanged, same low 90s expected. Fredericksburg is looking to be your hottest day, 96 degrees expected.

#37 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think it is very funny that it looks like the "coolest" day of the trip will be spent in the southernmost State of Florida. :lol: I hope you enjoy our "cool" weather tomorrow. :)

#38 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

It's 90 and humid in Washington, D.C. I hope it's cooker in Florida.

#39 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Right now it is 84 in Orlando (but feels like 90 according to weather.com). It just finished raining, so, a short time ago, it was probably much cooler in Orlando than in DC, although some may think it is like a "cooker." :lol:

I assume you and Mike made it to WAS ok. Enjoy your pizza and the DC heat.

#40 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Right now it is 84 in Orlando (but feels like 90 according to weather.com). It just finished raining, so, a short time ago, it was probably much cooler in Orlando than in DC, although some may think it is like a "cooker." :lol:

I assume you and Mike made it to WAS ok. Enjoy your pizza and the DC heat.

Aloha Steve and Mike

I also hope you enjoy the Pizza, and the ACRF trip. The "cooker" is here at 102 and 14% hummitity :rolleyes:

Have fun
Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users