#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

This topic is for any post-Fest activities (from Monday morning onward) and all travels home from the Boston area.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 shanghai

shanghai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Took 2251 Acela from BOS to NYP. The Maine Snow Lady was also on the train. We departed on time and arrived a few minutes early into NYP. First Class had only about 12 people for most of the trip. Excellent service and good food.

#3 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I also took 2251 from BOS to NYP. After arriving in NYP, I left my bags in the Club Acela and walked to Whole Foods on 7th Ave. and purchased some snack items for lunch. Right before I left the CA to board 97, Saxman entered and we had a short chat. He was on 2253, that also arrived early. His train was more crowded. He told me he sat next to a movie star. I told him I had him beat, I sat next to Shanghai. :lol: :lol: :lol: We are pulling into PHL right now, pretty much on time. Thanks Kevin, for a most enjoyable fest. :)

#4 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Right before I left the CA to board 97, Saxman entered and we had a short chat. He was on 2253, that also arrived early. His train was more crowded. He told me he sat next to a movie star. I told him I had him beat, I sat next to Shanghai. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aloha

Movie Stars are just like ordinary people, You had the better seat mate.

#5 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Having a nice ride home on the LSL. No 8400, but a very pleasant crew. I recognize the sca in the 4920 car and the lsa in the diner. Both ate very pleasant. The lsa in the Boston lounge is pleasant too. They all seem to want you to have a great trip.

#6 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

I am still on 97, and so far, it has been an eventful ride. A PV was put on the back of our train in WAS. This morning, around 5am, the train hit a duffel bag that was on the tracks. The bag belonged to a couple of guys who were sleeping near the tracks, just north of Charleston. The police were notified and it was investigated to make sure we did not hit anybody. The men were arrested and we were delayed about 50 minutes. I was awoken by the fact that were not moving and that power was cut. Also, I could see police and crew with flashlights walking along the side of the train. The 3rd unusual incident occurred not too long ago in Savannah. Apparently, a passenger got off the train and went into the station for some reason. The train usually stays for 6 minutes in SAV, but since we were running late, we stayed only 5. The passenger did not get back on the train in time and was running after it. I was in the diner at the time and saw him running. A crew member mentioned that the passenger tried to jump onto the back of the PV, but did not. I think my SCA and the LSA are top notch. I have had neither before.

#7 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

My Monday has so far been hotel van to Logan Airport, and the Silver Lie to South Station. Still having inner debate whether to upgrade to First Class on the Acela, or enjoy Quiet Car and a Cheeseburger instead for 250 fewer points. I can always burn my upgrades on coach to business on a Regional within the next 5 weeks.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#8 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

The LSL arrived into Chicago 5 minutes early. A well run operation this trip. Unfortunately I'm battling a cough and this caused me to rest most of the morning rather than look out the window. Hopefully this extra rest will help.

#9 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Currently moving through Connecticut at top speed. #2253 was delayed leaving BOS by a door problem. For some odd reason they don't want to move with any doors open at 150 mph. 13 min late leaving South Station, 22 late at RTE & PVD. We'll make up most of it provided they don't observe the 18 minute dwell at NHV built into the schedule for "weekend" trains such as this one. Two very tight connections await me in NYP & PHL, done so because I'd like to get home.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#10 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

97 is now about an hour and a half late. We just left DeLand, and if we are going to encounter SunRail delays, it will happen soon. The crew is still top notch. Edit for update. Still on 97 just north of Winter Park. I am certain we will be more than 2 hours late. We are sitting still at a location where there are double tracks waiting for 98 to pass us. 98 was 40 minutes late out of Orlando. The LSA just came by for dinner reservations, which I have never seen before. I optimistically told him that I would be off the train before dinner.

Edited by pennyk, 21 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users