#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:05 AM

As per the previous message, I have updated the BARF 2007 Itinerary for Saturday only. This reflects the G train not running, taking the F train end to end in its place, and some extra padding was added at Coney Island due to the detour and possible congestion for the F detour via the A in Lower Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn. This new plan actually has us finishing up sooner, because we've eliminated three transfers that would have been necessary to ride the G.

The updated itinerary is here. I have also removed the contingency plan in the event there was no L service, because it appears that we will be able to ride this train between Manhattan and East New York as planned.

I'm also toying with the idea of a possible very short after-dinner moonlight trip (not that it matters much within the subways) that would exploit the Queens-bound F detouring in via 53rd Street (rather than its regular route via 63rd Street) this particular weekend. We would just ride the uptown F from Greenwich Village, over the connection from Rockefeller Center to 53rd/5th Avenue, and then return on a downtown E. (This connection is normally possible only on a weekday via the V train.) Those going to points in New Jersey could either get off the E at Penn Station or ride back down to West 4th Street and use the 9th Street PATH station.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users