#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

PNW RailFest 2010 is in the books, save for a few still headed home. Thanks to everybody for being a part of it, and making this yet another successful RailFest. We only had one major disappointment, namely that the Willamette Shore Trolley between Portland and Lake Oswego was not running. For those who I didn't tell, I did receive a return phone call from the owner while we were on the Cascades train in British Columbia. He told me that their only operable vehicle had a fire in its traction motor. There was no estimate of when service might be restored. He did invite us to visit the OERHS museum, but I told him that unfortunately we had only been in town a couple of days, and most of us were from the Midwest and East Coast. I believe that everyone on the participant list at the time the Fest started did take at least one Amtrak trip. Don't forget to report your Amtrak mileage to Bill by going to the July mileage thread on this board. Besides your mileage adding to our annual cumulative total, Bill is also tracking mileage associated solely related to this Fest. While there is some dismay at any such event coming to an end, it is encouraging to hear people talking about the future. We had our obligatory discussions about where we will next ride the rails. I am 80% certain that we will do something in the New York City area next month (August). Next summer at this time, we will visit 3 cities in the Southeast: Atlanta, New Orleans, and Memphis, and partake of Amtrak's Crescent and City of New Orleans. For January, alternatives to NYC are being explored since with an August event there, we will have done just about everything. In the next few days, I will do the necessary post-Fest housekeeping of the associated webpages and inform you of the updates. I want to thank everybody again for spending part of your summer vacation with a very fun and cordial group of people, and also I am grateful to those who helped out with the planning, I hope our paths do cross again soon on the rails!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

In the next few days, I will do the necessary post-Fest housekeeping of the associated webpages and inform you of the updates.

Well the next few days became the next few hours. I believe that everything has been updated.

Homepage: The homepage has been updated to reflect this Fest in the past tense. Links to the hotel and restaurant pages for the 3 Fest cities have been removed; they are always available on my site. Links to the 3 cities' cost pages have also been removed; this information is always subject to change, and it specifically reflected our Fest. If you need to see this info in the future, please just e-mail me.

Fest History: The PNW Fest has been forever recorded in our history.

Our PNW Fest Lite Itinerary, which was kept up to date with some of the actual times during the event, has been finalized. The word "tentative" was removed, as it was for the westbound and eastbound Amtrak trip itineraries.

The Red Signals page has been updated in the past tense. In addition, Willamette Shore Trolley became a Red Signal while the Portland Vintage Trolley qualified to be removed.

Our participant list has been updated to reflect reality.

The Scanner Frequencies pages for all 3 cities were brought up to date. If anyone found any of the "unknown" data during the Fest, please let me know.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

BTW, the official scheduled arrival time for LSL on the 27th was 6:35pm as reported by Amtrak train status, not 6:25pm as listed in the printed timetable. This variance due to track work on CSX.

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

Oops, forgot to mention that the Fest Scorecard has also been updated to reflect what we did ride. Click on the logos next to Portland, Vancouver, and Seattle. Unfortunately the West Coast Express and Willamette Shore Trolley remain untouched by this group of people. In the words of Natasha Beddingfield, the best is still unridden!

And thanks, Jishnu for the info about the LSL. I forgot to take into account the summer schedule padding, and I'll make that change soon.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users