#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Naturally so close to our Fests, when I see a service alert my heart skips a beat. I've taken much abuse before by various transit authorities when they seem to know we're coming and they schedule disruptions to be in effect the time we're visiting (as New Orleans RTA did do with the Canal Streetcar 2 years ago when we were passing through on the way to California). So it is with much delight that this change taking effect June 19th is a positive one.

St. Charles Streetcar: A 13th streetcar has been added 7 days a week at the bussiest times from approximately 12 noon to 8 PM. The new service increase frequencies in to the evening. This is scheduled for implementation on Sunday, June 19.

I'll assume that the "bussiest" times are those when there are more buses on the streets along with the streetcars. :D Adding one car to the active fleet probably means slightly shorter headways and in turn, earlier trips. Since there will be more travel opportunities, not fewer, I won't explore the timetable to see how this affects us. Plus, I believe our official trip on the St. Charles Streetcar will be in the morning, so we would not therefore be affected by the expanded fleet which begins in the afternoon. But if any of you have hotels along St. Charles and would be accessing them before 8 PM, your wait will be 12/13 times shorter.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users