• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

I promised Kevin I would get over to OTC and have yet to do it. But I will try to check that out too.

#12 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

While i won't be joing this railfest is it possible I could just meet up with you guys for the Chicago stuff. I would come in on 351 the wolverine which if nothing goes wrong arrives around noon. then catch 354 which leaves at 6PM.

#13 MistyOLR

MistyOLR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

While i won't be joing this railfest is it possible I could just meet up with you guys for the Chicago stuff. I would come in on 351 the wolverine which if nothing goes wrong arrives around noon. then catch 354 which leaves at 6PM.

I know I'd like that :)

Technicalities suck and legal name changes are a mess after it happens.

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

I don't know you, but we've never turned anyone away! We've met up with many people over the years who just showed up and joined us on the trains not being on the published list of expected participants. So yes it's possible; just show up and you can join us. However.... as I've declared this Fest over once the group arrives in Chicago, you do run the risk of not riding trains with us should anything go wrong with our inbound City of New Orleans, or your inbound train. As I said earlier, past experience has been unkind to us in Chicago as planned activities didn't happen because of limited time between inbound and outbound connections.

If something in Chicago does materialize, then we can give you credit for being part of a "post-Fest". :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

I don't know you,

If it helps I could wear my nametag from the other forum. Would that be a sin or not. I been to 2 of the get togethers on the other forum but i just joined this one.

#16 MistyOLR

MistyOLR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

If it helps I could wear my nametag from the other forum. Would that be a sin or not. I been to 2 of the get togethers on the other forum but i just joined this one.

It'll help that you'll theoretically be able to recognize about half the people that are currently slated to appear, I think, if your memory behaves well enough. :) (What, I know mine behaves selectively well at its best). But if you think it'll help us find you, I say go ahead.

EDIT: Ideally, I'll be wearing this hat during at least part of the week. The pins may or may not still be there by time of travel. They may migrate to something else I have with me. http://www.flickr.co...olr/5530120897/

Edited by MistyOLR, 26 March 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#17 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

We can just text message like im here where you at lol

Edited by amtrakwolverine, 26 March 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#18 MistyOLR

MistyOLR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:17 PM

Hey, just trying to give an opinion that could be seen as useful :) EDIT: And help for the beginning to those that don't already.

Edited by MistyOLR, 26 March 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#19 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

Getting this thread back on track, I worked this out just to be sure it is possible to do.

This is the tentative (a word I can't stress enough!) intinerary for Chicago assuming we have the time. The CTA trip could be earlier, but most likely not much later to allow time for lunch in advance of the Metra trip, which is more static based on its schedule. Apologies for all the pink, but that's just the way things worked out best.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#20 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

I thought I was on topic? SO to make a ontopic post i would be joining for the metra ride if your trains are on time or mine. otherwise if anyone is left after the return metra maybe hit a pizza joint or something.

Edited by amtrakwolverine, 27 March 2011 - 03:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users