#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

Yes, hard to believe we only have one week to go before the first evening of BARF 2008! There is not much left to do except getting ourselves to the New York City area for our fun on the rails next weekend.

Now that the MTA has announced the planned subway disruptions for that weekend, I am happy to say that we should not be adversely affected by any of them. There would only be concern if you are staying in Queens, as there is a major outage on outer portion of the 7 line beyond Woodside/61st Street. And it's a good thing we're taking the G on Friday, since this train is not travelling its whole route in Brooklyn on the weekend. The 2 line running local in Manhattan may slow us down, but we can make up the time at lunchtime.

Our Friday start time is not etched in stone. Hopefully I will make it up there in time, but if I am delayed we can always begin a little later. Plan now to meet at 5 PM for dinner at the lower level of Manhattan Mall. I'll call if we are running late.

If I don't have your information from a previous fest or recent e-mail, please let me know your cell phone number and where you are staying overnight. I will put together my contact listing within the next week.

Any further updates will be made between now and next Friday afternoon.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

Guys, Unfortunately, I will not be able to join you for this fest. My dad had a heart attack, and quadruple bypass surgery. He is recovering very quickly, and is fine. However, I need to stay in Chicago to look after him. My mind and heart will definitely be with you all in NYC this weekend. Have a great time. On a brighter note, I was able to move my airline ticket to the weekend of februruary 15 to the 18th for no charge. For an additional 15,000 miles I was able to include Rosalyn. So I will get to see NYC this year, and ride a few subways in as we move from point a to point b in Manhattan. Most likely, we will be staying at the Hilton Gateway at Newark, Penn station. I should be able to join you for the florida rail fest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users