• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

For those preferring business class on the Cascades: It is my understanding that there could be one or two business class cars, perhaps depending on time of day. In any event, business class can and sometimes does fill up quickly. The configuration is definitely roomier than coach and as a bonus, at least heretofore, a three dollar voucher off a bistro item is included. Another attraction is that seating assignments for business class are handled at any ticket agent window, at least at King Street Station, whereas coach passengers have to line up and get theirs from a couple of tacky wheeled booths at the front of the station. Sometimes these lines get very long and seats can be doled out willy nilly, especially toward the end of the line. Window seats are more likely in business class as there is a 2 - 1 seating configuration in business, instead of 2 - 2 as in coach.
"Big Green Chauvanist"

#2 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

Do different Talgo set on Cascade Service have different number of Business Class cars?

#3 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

That's what I'm not sure about. Some sources mention one business class car, some two. I'll go ask at KSS and see if I can get a definitive answer. But in any event, I say not to wait too long to book business class for July..
"Big Green Chauvanist"

#4 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

Unless there has been some problem with a car being taken out for major service, all Talgo trains have 2 business class cars in their consists. One is a straight BC car, the other has accesible BC seating and the remainder just normal BC seating. I suppose that perhaps there are times when Amtrak may choose not to sell seats in one of the two BC cars, although I don't really think that happens, but during a peak period I'm sure that they are selling both cars.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#5 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

I'll have to book these next!!

#6 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

Just remember folks, in order to reserve the Cascades trains into and out of Vancouver, you need to supply the form of identification you will use (i.e. passport) to enter Canada and the USA, along with its number. So if you don't yet have such I.D., you can't make the reservation until you do.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#7 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Anyway, I have already got my BC seats on the Cascades.

#8 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

I just booked in bc too.

#9 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

I'm all reserved now, BC on all 3 Cascades trips.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users