#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

A page has been created to outline what it will cost us to ride the UTA services in the Salt Lake City area (including S-Line, TRAX, and FrontRunner). On this page the many fare options are discussed.

The DayPass good on TRAX & S-Line (but not FrontRunner) is a great deal. But a Group Pass (technically created for FrontRunner) was discovered which sounded too good to be true. It costs $15 for 4 people travelling together on FrontRunner, but it also can be used on TRAX and S-Line the same day. If we bought it for each day, then each of the 4 participants on the pass would effectively only be spending $3.75 for the entire day.

Penny called UTA and verified this. All 4 people need to be travelling together. I believe that if fewer than 4 people used it, the smaller group would still need to pay the $15. But I am still not sure if this can be used exclusively on TRAX & S-Line, or if there needs to be a FrontRunner punch on it before usage on the other services.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Penny just phoned UTA again to confirm that the pass could be used exclusively for TRAX. There does not have to be a FrontRunner punch/segment at all. Yes, I agree, it sounds too good to be true. :)

#3 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for the hard work. I'm undecided as to which fare instrument I'll use on Monday. I think Rosalyn and I will use day passes. On Tuesday I think mike, Kim And I would buy the group pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users