#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

Remember that all Amtrak segments that you paid for and completed are eligible for earning Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) points. Segments that were paid for with rewards points will show up on your statement with the segment and zero points. So far, my PHL-WAS trip on Regional #125, WAS-CHI trip on Capitol Ltd. #29, and CHI-EMY trip on California Zephyr #5 have been acknowledged, albeit with zero points since my westbound trip was on reward points. If you paid for your westbound trip and it included the Thruway bus #5005 between Emeryville and San Francisco, make sure you hold onto your ticket stub, as the segment most likely won't be credited to your account without intervention from you. I have also received my AGR partner points from Hilton Honors for the Burlingame and Sacramento hotels.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:23 AM

As of August 1st I have received acknowledgement of all trip segments related to the Fest, with one exception. Again, if you are an Amtrak Guest Rewards member, any trip segments that were taken with reward points will still show up on your statement as a $.00 transaction and zero points. I can therefore tell that the trip taken on Amtrak Thruway bus 5005 from Emeryville to San Francisco was not acknowledged since I don't have an entry of zero points. Let me remind you folks again, if you did pay for this particular trip segment on the bus, you are entitled to 100 points (plus any bonus points that may apply if you are a Select or Select Plus member). Thruway buses are operated by non-Amtrak companies. Therefore your ticket with the AGR information never gets to Amtrak or Amtrak Guest Rewards for processing. You should call AGR at this time (with your ticket stub in hand so you can give them information they request) and let them know that you have received all of your points except for this segment. Since the rule (and the LAW in California) is that a Thruway bus trip must be made in conjunction with a train trip, they will be able to see that you also rode Train #5 and got credit for it.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users