#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

As we prepare for this summer's big RailFest in the Southeast, it's time to remember the past as well. The trip report for last July's big Fest in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver is now available online. You can re-live our trip, or travel vicariously with us if you could not make it. The fun begins right here. About 40 photos accompany the report as well. As always your comments are appreciated! :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

Aloha Kevin et All I see that you either did not know or forgot how Evan startled, Scared, me on our entrance into Canada. What she did, was to politely ask the Canadian agent if she could ask a question. The Agent said yes. Evan then Asked why the Canadian Flag was lower than the American Flag. Apparently she learned the Flag protocol from the Olympics. What scared me was that Agent got so flustered about not knowing how the flags should be displayed and an 8.5 year old knew how. BTW in Canada the Canadian Flag should be higher. Wish we were going to be with you but please enjoy SERF. And in honor of my 67th birthday on the 21st someone have Strawberry Short cake, I'll have one here. Eric

Edited by KevinKorell, 15 July 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

I wasn't aware of that flag incident. But it does show how intelligent Evan is for her age!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users