Next "ESPA Working Group Meeting" is on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at the Backstage Pub in downtown Schenectady (4 blocks from the temporary Amtrak Station).
Meeting & Lunch is $15.00, paid for at the meeting.
Parking is available in adjacent lots.
All interested advocates are welcome, but please let ESPA President Gary Prophet know you’re coming a week before the date by contacting us thru Facebook or by e-mailing Gary directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Southwestern Rail Conference has a special deal for Rail Passengers Association /National Association of Railroad Passengers members!
Mark January 19 on your calendar for Dallas and learn the latest about upcoming passenger rail projects in Texas from the people building the future of trains for you and others.
- Bullet trains are coming to Texas.
- DART Rail has two big projects in work: The Cotton Belt & second downtown light rail line.
- TEXRail starts operating next year between Fort Worth & DFW Airport.
- Hear about progress for trains on the I-20 corridor.
- Listen why we need to advance plans along the I-35 rail corridor. The Federal Railroad Administration recently released in its service level study.
- Learn how Houston wants to grow its rail system
As an advocate of more trains to more places you will hear firsthand from these industry leaders:
- Tim Keith, President, Texas Central Railway
- D.J. Mitchell, Assistance Vice President Passenger Rail, BNSF Railway
- Paul Ballard, President & CEO of Fort Worth Transportation Authority (TEXRail)
- Tim McKay, Executive VP Growth / Regional Development, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Craig Moody, Rail Programs Manager, Oklahoma Department of Transportation
- Judge Richard Anderson, Chair, I-20 Corridor Council
- Houston Metro
Hear panelists from Short Line Railroads and presentations from Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF Railway. Also hear a presentation titled “Rail: the Rodney Dangerfield in state transportation plans?” as we explore why passenger and freight rail get “no respect” in Texas.
All this is packed into one day – Friday January 19 – at the Southwestern Rail Conference in Dallas.For a limited time as an RPA / NARP member, while seats are available, you can purchase a pass for $89.00 that includes continental breakfast and full lunch. Thursday night’s dinner is an additional charge.
Register now at https://filemaker.ta...ebd/TRAdatabase Your registration fee will change from $169.00 to $89.00 when you enter the word 'NARP' on the registration code field. You will need to show your are an RPA / NARP member at the registration desk.
The special rate will not be available when a section of reserved RPA / NARP seats are sold out.